OEWG 20091215

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday December 15th, 2009 8.30 a.m. PDT

Conference call details: New GOC conference call numbers
US: 1 866 953 9688
Outside US: UK 0808 238 6001 (Midori can email numbers for other countries as needed)
pin: 801561

Agenda/Chair: Amina
Minutes: Midori
Attendees:


Action items carried over

Bug and Feature Tracker Updates


  • The "Explanation" feature both in the graph editor and in the Assert Implied links panel fail to explain reasoning sometimes In Progress
  • Advanced Save - Include is_a closure for cross-referenced terms Done

David: also note other bug report on parent editor changing intersections to relationships ... Changing relationship type in parent editor blitzes XP stat

Bugs at 6 or above are fixed or in progress for the next release.

Discussion items

Jen: I have updated the standard dictionary file to include all the new words in the live GO. It is now included in the OBO-Edit source repository. I can also distribute this file if people would like to try copying it into their config folder as a stop gap until the next release.

DavidOS asks what will happen with the user-defined dictionary; doesn't want GO-centric update to wipe out his existing standard dictionary. Is user.dict still not working?
More specifics on current behavior, quick-fix message wording, etc. Needs better documentation, and perhaps GO should switch to user.dict once it's working again.
Amina will improve quick-fix message and user guide.

Brief discussion of Plant Ontology developers switching to OBO-Edit.

DavidOS has had a "catastrophic failure of obomerge"; still investigating; will send files to Amina. Lost lots of intersections this time -- though neither he nor George Gkoutos has had this particular problem before.

Jen has a set of test files for obomerge; David will send more fodder to test what he's doing with it.

[Some talk about console error messages that went too fast for your humble minute-taker ...]

Action Items

Amina: will check Terry's file one more time before release

Reasoner: Forward Chaining reasoner will be removed; bug report open about Rule-based reasoner not running disjointedness check. Eventually plan to have just the (fixed) Rule-based reasoner.

One more meeting next week, although several people will be away.

All: After release, choose next set of features & bugs to raise priority.


Links

Back to OEWG Meeting agenda and minutes List