From GO Public
OBO-Edit Working Group, Tuesday December 15th, 2009 8.30 a.m. PDT
Conference call details: New GOC conference call numbers
US: 1 866 953 9688
Outside US: UK 0808 238 6001 (Midori can email numbers for other countries as needed)
Action items carried over
Bug and Feature Tracker Updates
- Missing log files in Mac Done
- obo-merge def merge issue
- Related to relationship-addition bug, so shoud be fixed now; Amina will test
- verification plugin - not seeing dictionary? To Do
- verification config in 2.1 test release To Do
- Clone bug also almost fixed
- The "Explanation" feature both in the graph editor and in the Assert Implied links panel fail to explain reasoning sometimes In Progress
- Advanced Save - Include is_a closure for cross-referenced terms Done
David: also note other bug report on parent editor changing intersections to relationships ... Changing relationship type in parent editor blitzes XP stat
Bugs at 6 or above are fixed or in progress for the next release.
Jen: I have updated the standard dictionary file to include all the new words in the live GO. It is now included in the OBO-Edit source repository. I can also distribute this file if people would like to try copying it into their config folder as a stop gap until the next release.
- DavidOS asks what will happen with the user-defined dictionary; doesn't want GO-centric update to wipe out his existing standard dictionary. Is user.dict still not working?
- More specifics on current behavior, quick-fix message wording, etc. Needs better documentation, and perhaps GO should switch to user.dict once it's working again.
- Amina will improve quick-fix message and user guide.
Brief discussion of Plant Ontology developers switching to OBO-Edit.
DavidOS has had a "catastrophic failure of obomerge"; still investigating; will send files to Amina. Lost lots of intersections this time -- though neither he nor George Gkoutos has had this particular problem before.
- Jen has a set of test files for obomerge; David will send more fodder to test what he's doing with it.
[Some talk about console error messages that went too fast for your humble minute-taker ...]
Amina: will check Terry's file one more time before release
Reasoner: Forward Chaining reasoner will be removed; bug report open about Rule-based reasoner not running disjointedness check. Eventually plan to have just the (fixed) Rule-based reasoner.
One more meeting next week, although several people will be away.
All: After release, choose next set of features & bugs to raise priority.