Ontology meeting 2017-05-12
- Bluejeans: https://bluejeans.com/164681006
Kimberly will chair the call.
GOC Meeting, Corvallis, Oregon
- GOC Meeting Agenda - Ontology-Related Issues
- Add discussion points as needed
Add the 'curator note' property to selected classes: improving curator documentation centered around particular terms in the ontology, by embedding it directly in the ontology. See GitHub issue at https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/13384
Ontology Editing (Protege/GitHub) Documentation
- What's up with this? Final version somewhere?
- Where to find the documentation for obsoleting terms?
Inference e-mails are Back
David has checked the file and has noted the strange ones in the ticket.
- The response ones are pretty easy. They don't have necessary and sufficient logical defs.
- The dentin transport one is a weird result of the reasoning.
- The protein ones are technically correct but misleading. I am pretty sure it is due to the equivalence between PRO and ChEBI. I suspect Pascale might have these in her sights for clean up.
Ontology Developer Training
Follow up on idea of doing an advanced Ontology Developer Training workshop this summer
- Who will participate ?
- People who are currently active in editing the ontology.
- Where will it be?
- The Bay area.
- When will it be?
- The week of August 14th is best, but we won't have Seth.
- Potential Topics
- Equivalence axioms - editors would like more guidelines on how to construct these.
- OWL GCIs- Where do they live and how do they work?
- Advanced Querying?
- Pipelines and how they run. Starting jobs with ROBOT.
- Build failures
- Document the various fail messages and how to correct the issues.
- Problematic GitHub tickets/mini Projects
Github Ticket Discussion
- On call: Darren, David OS, Eric, Harold, Karen, Kimberly, Moni, Pascale, Suzi, Tanya