Ontology meeting 2017-07-28
From GO Wiki
Update on the signaling work. Shall an editor join each group?
(Pascale question): Should we already make edits ? Or wait after the signaling meeting to make consistent changes ?
August Meeting Agenda
- Will be added to the logistics page
- On call: Chris, David H., Eric, Harold, Jim, Kimberly, Pascale, Paul T., Tanya
- For big changes, planning to wait until the Cambridge meeting to present proposals for changes to make sure everyone is on board
- Need ontology editors for each signaling pathway
- MAPK- David
- Wnt - Kimberly
- GPCR - Pascale
- Ca2+/Fertilization - ?
Proposed obsoletion of single-organism process
- Ready for obsoletion
- Child terms can be merged
- Pascale will take a look at this ticket
- Discussion on last annotation call
- More feedback from WB
- AI: Build on AGR slim to create a GO-wide slim that also includes terms for plants, dicty, proks, etc.
- Will need to allocate resources to work on this and contact people who can help
Ontology Development without Annotation
- Focus should be on creating terms in conjunction with annotation
- Don't quite have the resources to develop the ontology without concurrent use in annotation
Property Chains in Relations Ontology
- Need to discuss, in August, how to handle obsoleting some of the existing property chains that will have major effects on the ontology, i.e. relations will need to be instantiated
- Some other property chains need to be fixed (negative o negative should be -> positive)
- Some other property chains need to be added (part of o causally upstream of -> causally upstream of)