Ontology meeting 2019-06-24
From GO Wiki
See calendar for details
Moving to Protégé 5.5
- I have installed Protégé 5.5 and I have been using it to edit the ontology without any problems so far.
- I have done: term merges, obsoletions, changed subclasses in ticket #17355, for example).
- I have done all those the 'old way'
- Nice new features:
- active branch is shown in the bottom left of the tool
- ontology 'structure' (= 'breadcrumb') is shown at the top left
- Nice new features - not working for GO:
- View all relations: Protégé 5.5 supports showing other relations in the class view; however for GO this is too big and if you turn this feature on you essentially cannot work (also confirmed by Jim)
- Term merge plugin not yet implemented
I emailed Matthiew about #2 and #3 (no answer as of June 13)
- We would still need detailed documentation in the editors docs.