Ontology meeting 2021-08-23
From GO Wiki
- Group members: Pascale, Karen, Harold, Raymond, Peter, Jim, Tanya, Kimberly, David, Chris, Paul
- Present: Harold, Raymond, Karen, David, Tanya, Sierra, Kimberly, Jim,
- Regrets: Paul, Chris,
Ontology editors documentation
- Review new term creation documentation: Guidelines_for_new_Molecular_Functions and Principles_for_creating_a_GO_term
- Review cross-reference documentation: Guidelines_for_'database_cross_references'_and_'definition_database_cross_references'
- Review protein binding term documentation http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Guidelines_for_new_Binding_terms
- Optional: Review Chris's slides on aligning editor/contributor docs across all of OBO: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1YyWYSetDML3nhNgMUmcrsw80Xx1Uf1n1dWI-A20PMa8/edit#slide=id.p
- NAD/NADP: do we keep a grouping term even if all annotations can be classified to NAD or NADP-dependent? for eg GO:0003845 11-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase [NAD(P) activity] - all known enzymes have known specificity, see review ticket
- added 'do not annotate'
- DECISION (last call): This is what we will do
- Need to add to documentation
Check for synonym scope
https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/21610 - ticket was changed to ignore case when comparing term labels and synonyms