Overview of Aims and Deliverables
From GO Wiki
The specific aims of the Gene Ontology Consortium are
- 1) to provide functional annotations to all gene products for human and major model organisms,
- 2) to extend GO into emerging genome annotation communities and for key biological processes, **
- 3) to provide phylogenetically based propagation of annotations across all organisms,
- 4) to create and implement a common annotation framework for the GO curation community,
- 5) to maintain and improve the GO ontologies, and
- 6) to freely provide our annotations and tools to the research community, supporting the use of the GO resources.
NOTE: Aim 2 has been suppressed because of adjustments to the scope of the grant resulting from final funding amount that was a decrease from the original application.