For at least some test cases, GONUTS will be used to display PAINT-based annotations so MODs can do quality control.
Importing the PAINT GAF into GONUTS
- The underlying code for GONUTS relies heavily on mappings to UniProt. Using the gp2protein files it is possible to translate the UniProt Identifiers/Accessions to MOD ids to make pages in GONUTS; it is almost impossible to map NCBI identifiers automatically. i.e. They get made by hand and sometimes get skipped completely.
--DanielRenfro 15:16, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
Display in GONUTS
GONUTS GOsummary extension pulls all gene associations for a gene into the summary table and graph, not just those added from the PAINT GAF.
- Currently IEA is excluded from the summary table and graph. Should other evidence codes be excluded [Mary comment: the refG graphs display only experimental evidence code annotations (EXP, IDA, IPI,IMP, IGI, IEP); IC; and the ISS codes (ISS, ISO, ISA, ISM), which are only displayed (and labeled as "ISS_only") if there is no experimental annotation to the term.]
- ISS to an ancestor node is now displayed as ISS-An in the table
- How should qualifiers be handled. From the electronic jamborees, it was important to display NOT in the table. What about other qualifiers?
- To show only the graph, enter this line on a category page.
- Alternatively, you can show only the table with: