SLC GO Reference Genome Project Meeting
From GO Public
- Health Science Education Building [HSEB] Rm 1700, 26 South 2000 East, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112-5750 MAP You will need to enter from the East of the building, thats the side that faces the hills, as there is building work at the main entrance. 1700 is on the ground floor to the left of the bookstore.
- University of Utah, SLC, UT 84112.
- April 20 - 21, 2008
- Lunches:We will be providing lunch both days. On sunday we will have pizza as nothing else is open on #Sunday, and on Monday we will have a sandwich bar.
- Dinner: The reservation is for 30 people on Sunday at 6:30 at Squatters Brew Pub , 147 West Broadway. Please let me know if you are not going to attend or are bringing a friend. Take the TRAX from the university and get off at the Gallivan Plaza. Walk West on 300 South which is also known as Broadway. You will cross West Temple, and Squatters is half way down the next block.The phone number for Squatters should you get lost is 801 363 2739. MAP
- $50.00; Receipt will be provided at registration. We will be taking cash or checks. Checks should be made payable to the Department of Human Genetics. The address if needed for the check is: Eccles Institute of Human Genetics, Building 533, University of Utah, 15 North 2030 East, Salt Lake City, Utah. 84112.
- Dinner: cost TBD; No sponsor is provided.
- You are responsible for your lodging costs
- The | University GuestHouse is a good place to stay as it is a short walk to HSEB.
- Please make reservations early as it is a popular place and there will be extra people in town for the marathon.
- If you need to make other arrangements let me know (Karen E) and I will find a different hotel.
- The Marriott University Marriott at the university is a cab ride from both venues.
Please Register for Reference Genome Meeting or GOC Meeting or both.
At the moment, this is a free-form list of potential items for the agenda. Please add your thoughts about what should be discussed/decided at this meeting.
9:00 Annotation Progress: Mike, Chris
9:30 Review Annotation Pipeline proposal: Suzi
- Orthology determination methods (Monday morning)
- Curation of ortho sets: This also in Pipeline proposal: question now; what are criteria for adding//dropping from Ortho-set)
- Notification system (software)
- Discuss QC procedures, frequency, etc: lead curator's role
- Maintaining annotations, staying up-to-date with the literature.
1:00PM Software update
- Software demo - Reference Genome DB extension of GOdb (Siddhartha)
- Discussion: what next?
- Ref Genome graphs (Mary)
- Amigo and Ref Genomes (Seth)
- Community annotation at GONUTS (and EcoliWiki) Jim Hu
- Web services (Jim and Chris)
Consistency withing experimental annotations (Pascale)
- Tricky terms Misused_terms
- Val (co-occurences of annotations)
- Tools to help annotation: textpresso? (Tanya/Kimberly)
- Isoform annotation at MGI (Harold)
- Potential problems of having 'duplicate' annotations for protein isoforms and genes
RefGenome Pipeline and Orthosets
- update on Kara's work (Judy)
- Orthology, paralogy, and GO annotation (Paul Thomas)
- Discussion of intersection of Ref Genome Pipeline and Orthology Annotation Tool and QC.
Quality control - Systematic ways to address annotation
- Try closing some of the SF ' Ref Genome Ortholog Set Completion '
- Determine protocol for making IC, IEA, ISS annotations: IEA,_ISS,_IC_Usage_Discussion
(this now in Pipeline proposal) in most cases, ISS transfers are not being done...Big discussion here...generating breadth for the Reference Genome projects is very important. Need to require that ISS be added as needed following the completion of experimental annotation for those genes that have no experimental data. Some curators seem to be uncomfortable drawing the line in terms of what can and cannot be propagated?