Template-able Requests Prior To TG (Retired)
From GO Wiki
(Redirected from Template-able Requests Prior To TG)
- For the TG paper, we need to estimate how many of the SourceForge requests pre-TG0 could be done using a template (i.e. have some automatic input).
- This includes any SF item where at least one part could be done automatically using an existing TG template or a future TG template (e.g. any request where the definition and term placement is standardized and a cross-product to an internal or external ontology could be made).
Examples of requests for new terms that would be template-able:
x cell migration x cell differentiation regulation of x process regulation of y function x development/morphogenesis [where x is an anatomical structure] x biosynthesis [where x is a chemical] x transport [where x is a chemical or a term from an ontology such as PRO] response to x [where x is a chemical or a term from an ontology such as PRO]
Generally, modifications to existing terms would NOT be doable by template.
Plan of Action
- The first TG0 term (GO:2000001) is dated 2010-07-15. Therefore, we'll look at the 6 months preceeding this. We'll divide it up between the Cambridge editors:
- January & February 2010 Becky
- March & April 2010 Paola
- May & June 2010 Jane
|Month||Total SF entries||SF WHOLE template||SF PART template||SF NOT template||Unsure||NTRs|
|MARCH 2010||125||24||6||95||0||(combined with April)|
|MAY 2010||(combined with June)|
|TOTAL YES+PART COMBINED|
- TOTAL: Total number of SF entries submitted to the tracker for that month.
- WHOLE: Where ALL of the requests in the SF entry could be done using a template.
- PART: Where PART of the SF request could be done using a template (e.g. a regulation request) but part would require manual editor input
- UNSURE: Where you are unsure of whether the request could be done using a template vs manual input. Keep a note of the SF IDs for these, and we can go through them if necessary.
- NTRs: SF requests where the submitter has requested a new term.