Tools ID Mapping
From GO Wiki
The following is a list of suggested tools and resources for the interconversion of gene or protein IDs.
- gp2protein files: created by the GO Consortium; provide a mapping from a model organism database ID to a generic ID (either UniProtKB or NCBI)
- UniProt file: generated from the UniProtKB entry cross-references, the file is a tab-delimited table, which includes mappings for 20 different sequence identifier types (and will be expanded in time for the next file release to include IPI identifiers); README
- UniProt tools: click on the "ID mapping" tab; help manual
- PIR ID Mapping: useful for mapping to or from a gene name, although this can be risky as gene names are not always unique
- Some tools contain built-in ID mappers; e.g. QuickGO allows users to map GO annotations between different identifier types; more information