Use cases for evidence codes
From GO Wiki
- Use IPI to mine protein interaction data (Actually used)
- Discriminate between 'experimental' and 'computational' annotations (Actually used)
- Filter out IEAs (Actually used)
- Use them for an evidence based reasoner/score to either predict or confirm the gene's function/role in a process/localization. For example:
- Are there any Arabidopsis genes involved in the biological process 'leaf development' that were evaluated by IGI and IMP.If so give a list of interacting genes (based on IGI code) and info presented in WITH column.
- Give a list of rice genes that are orthologous to arabidopsis genes involved in the biological process 'leaf development' and were evaluated by IGI ONLY.
- Use in a script or query: the following queries finds potential unsubstantiated or stale ISS assignments:http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Example_Queries#Suspect_ISS_assignments
- Evaluate quality by how many distinct types of evidence support an association
- IGI and IMP can be used to find predicted phenotypes for genes with common association by a different evidence type
- Presence of IDA tells me that a direct assay exists; reference tells me where to find it
- To determine what cross-references to GO to add to UniProtKB.