2010 Stanford Meeting Logistics
GO consortium & SAB meetings March 30-31, April 1, 2010
- We wish all attendees to attend from the morning of March 30 through the morning of April 1st. The afternoon of April 1st will be for all GO subcontract PIs, GOC PIs and our SAB. We suggest you arrive the evening of March 29th and leave after noon on the 1st, unless you are a PI or SAB member.
Meetings will be at the Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA.
The GOC and SAB meeting will take place at the Arrillaga Alumni Center.
Lunches will be at the Arrillaga Center.
There will be a group dinner on March 31st for the GOC and SAB.
We will also facilitate dinners on March 29th and 30th. There are a large variety of restaurants in the area.
Registration will open in early 2010.
- Registration Fee. We anticipate a minimal registration fee to cover lunch and a light breakfast. The meeting will be sponsored by the Cherry Lab.
Four hotels are within a 15-20 minute walk to the Alumni Center. Ordered below by price per night, lowest to highest.
- Hotel California $
- Cardinal Hotel $
- Stanford Terrace Inn $$
- Sheraton Palo Alto Hotel $$$$
- Westin Palo Alto $$$$
Workshop/Tutorial-Curators meet developers (content and software)
A workshop/tutorial on how to use all the utilities and content that GO has to offer.
- AmiGO has lot of cool features now and many curators may or may not know how to incorporate these features in everyday curation.
- how to interpret relationships in the ontology, how the annotations can mean something else if the relationships are overlooked etc.
I'd like a discussion of taxon IDs and subspecies. --JimHu 17:28, 4 February 2010 (UTC)
Airport codes: SFO = San Francisco International; SJC = San Jose International Airport
|Name||Organization||Arrival Date/Time to Airport (see codes above)||Departure Date/Time from Airport|
|Mike Cherry||GO / SGD||March 29||April 2|
|Judy Blake||GO / MGI||March 29 SFO||April 2 SFO|
|Suzi Lewis||GO / BBOP||Driving|
|Chris Mungall||GO / BBOP||CalTrain|
|Seth Carbon||GO / BBOP||Driving|
|Amina Abdulla||GO / BBOP||Driving|
|Kara Dolinski||GO / PPOD||TBA||TBA|
|Eva Huala||TAIR||March 29||April 2|
|Karen Eilbeck||SO (U of Utah)||TBA||TBA|
|Barry Smith||SAB (U at Buffalo)||March 31 SFO||April 1 SFO|
|Tanya Berardini||TAIR||on site||on site|
|Donghui li||TAIR||on site||on site|
|Larry Hunter||SAB (U Colorado)||March 31 SFO||April 2 SFO|
|Paul Sternberg||WormBase and Caltech||San Jose||San Jose|
|Doug Howe||ZFIN||SFO March 29||SFO TBA|
|Dianna Fisk||SGD||on site||on site|
|Ben Hitz||SGD||on site||on site|
|Susan Tweedie||FlyBase||March 27 SFO||April 1 16:55 SFO|
|Jane Lomax||GO-EBI||March 29 SFO||April 2 SFO|
|Harold Drabkin||MGI||March 29th SFO||April TBA|
|Monte Westerfield||ZFIN||April 1 SFO||April 1 SFO|
|Selina Dwight||SGD||on site||on site|
|Kate Dreher||TAIR||on site||on site|
|Rama Balakrishnan||SGD||on site||on site|
Webex and Telephone Conferencing will be provided
|Name||Organization||email (needed to set up your remote access)||Attending GOC (March 30-31)||Attending SAB (April 1)||Calling in alone or in a group (with whom and from where, if known)|
|Midori Harris||EBI GO||midori at ebi dot ac dot uk||yes||yes||TBD|
|Jennifer Deegan||GO Editorial Office||jdeegan at ebi.ac.uk||Yes||Yes||Probably alone from home.|
|Ruth Lovering||BHF-UCL annotator||r.lovering at ucl.ac.uk||Yes||Yes||From home|
|Rachael Huntley||GOA Curator||huntley at ebi.ac.uk||Yes||Yes||From home.|
|Michelle Giglio||IGS, UMD||mgiglio at som.umaryland.edu||Yes||No||alone from work/home|
Return to Consortium_Meetings page