2011 UCL Meeting Logistics
Return to Consortium_Meetings page
please contact Ruth, firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions/queries
The GO meeting will be begin at 9am on Monday 7th November, 2011 and end at 1pm on Wednesday 9th November, 2011, and will be held at the University College London.
Register by entering your name in the Attendees section below.
- Registration fee to be decided (depending on number of participants). Aiming for £140, to include lunches and coffee breaks and 1 evening dinner. This will be payable by credit card the first day of the meeting. Please use the Attendees table below to register for the meeting.
Please make your own Hotel reservations (see table below). The most reasonable hotels are Ibis and Premier Inn.
Early booking is recommended as the prices are likely to increase closer to the time, some sites offer free cancellation options. It might be worth checking hotel costs direct from hotel versus online sites eg [booking.com] filter on bloomsbury, or [Tripadvisor.co.uk].
All hotels below are within a 10-15 min walk from the meeting room. In General London is a pretty safe area, although 20 min east of UCL (around King's cross) is a red light district so I would suggest you avoid this area. None of the hotels below are in the Red Light area! Obviously there are a lot more hotels you could try.
If anyone has stayed in these hotels please comment on them below.
|Hotel Name||Cost for 3 nights||Walking time to UCL||Address||Phone number||Gym (Y/N)||Internet cost||Star rating||Noisy (Y/N)|
|MIC||£225||5 min||81 - 103 Euston Street, London NW1 2EZ||0207 380 0001||N||?||3||N, shouldn't be|
|Premier Inn||£365||9 min||1 Dukes Road,London, WC1H 9PJ||0870 850 5115||N||?||3||N|
|Ibis||£335||7 min||3 Cardington Street NW1 2LW||0207 3887777||N||?||2||N&Y room dependent|
|Novatel||£440 (now £520)||10 min||100 - 110 Euston Road NW1 2AJ||0207 6669000||Y||?||4||N|
|Holiday Inn||£512||11 min||Coram Street, London, WC1N 1HT||0871 9429222||Y||£5/hour||4||N|
|The Hotel Russell||£493||12 min||1-8 Russell Square, Bloomsbury, WC1B 5BE||0870 850 5115||off site £5||£15/day||4||Y|
|St Giles Hotel & Leisure Club||£337||15 min||Bedford Avenue, Bloomsbury, WC1B 3GH||0207 300 3000||yes and pool||£10/day||3||? should be OK|
|The White Hall Hotel||£450**, only executive rooms now free £558**||12 min||2-5 Montague Street, WC1B 5BU||020 7233 7888||N||?||4||? should be OK|
(**) If you are interested in The White Hall Hotel let me know and I will book these via UCL, to get this discount price (Ruth email@example.com).
Maps and Transportation
You can get to central London from any of the following airports, taxis will be more expensive than trains and all airports have good train services available. Once in a central London train station, either get a taxi to your hotel or the meeting or get on the tube (see information below).
- Heathrow link to train information
- Gatwick link to train information
- Stansted link to train information
Airport to Central London
The meeting is in central London and is walkable from Euston, Euston Square, Warren Street, Goodge Street tube stations. Note Tottenham Court Road Tube station is closed.
There is a good journey planner site
- Either: catch the Heathrow express train from Heathrow to Paddington, and then get a taxi, to your hotel/UCL from there, or get the tube from Paddington to Euston Square (east bound on the Hammersmith & City Line towards Baker Street or the Circle Line towards Kings Cross St Pancras).
Journey time around 1 hour. Cost around £38 return, £21 single plus tube fare £4 each way (taxi cost unknown).
- Or get the Piccadilly tube: from Heathrow to Green Park and change onto the Victoria Line (heading north) and either get out at Warren Street (meeting) or Euston (depending on hotel).
Journey time around 1 hour 10 min. Cost around £5 single (Heathrow is zone 6).
- Or taxi, there are lots of online sites suggesting the cost is around £44, each way, and will take about 40 min (but this will be traffic dependent).
- Either: catch the Gatwick express train from Gatwick to Victoria, and then get a taxi, to your hotel/UCL from there, or get the tube from Victoria to Warren Street (north bound on the Victoria Line).
Journey time around 1 hour. Cost around £30 return, £17 single, plus tube fare £4 each way (taxi cost unknown).
- Or taxi, there are lots of online sites suggesting the cost is around £60, each way, and will take about 1 hour (but this will be traffic dependent).
- Either: catch the Stansted express train from Stansted to Liverpool Street, and then get a taxi, to your hotel/UCL from there, or get the tube from Liverpool Street to Euston Square (west bound on the Hammersmith & City Line/Metropolitan Line, or the Circle Line towards Kings Cross St Pancras).
Journey time around 1 hour. Cost around £27 return, £20 single, plus tube fare £4 each way (taxi cost unknown).
- Or taxi, there are lots of online sites suggesting the cost is around £45, each way, and will take about 1 hour (but this will be traffic dependent).
The agenda can be found here: 2011_UCL_Meeting_Agenda
|Name||Organization||Arrival Date/Time at Airport||Departure Date/Time from Airport||Hotel booked?||Vegetarian (Y/N)|
|Ruth Lovering||BHF-UCL||N/A||N/A||Travel from home||N|
|Peter D'Eustachio||NYU - Reactome||?||?||not yet||N|
|Varsha Khodiyar||BHF-UCL||N/A||N/A||Travel from home||N|
|Emily Dimmer||UniProtKB||N/A||N/A||Travel from home||N|
|Jane Lomax||GO-EBI||N/A||N/A||Travel from home||N|
|Seth Carbon||Berkeley BOP||N/A||N/A||yes||N|
|Chris Mungall||BBOP||N/A||N/A||not yet||Y|
|Paola Roncaglia||GO-EBI||N/A||N/A||Travel from home||N|
|Mike Cherry||Stanford||Nov 7, LHR, 6:50AM||Nov 10, LHR, 1:35PM||The White Hall Hotel||N|
|Judy Blake||The Jackson Laboratory||Nov 6, LHR, 9:25 AM||Nov 10, LHR, 12:05 PM||don't know yet.||N|
|Brenley McIntosh||Tx A&M - EcoliWiki||?||?||not yet||N|
|Val Wood||PomBase||n/a||n/a||Travel from home||N|
|Yasmin Alam-Faruque||UniProtKB-GOA||n/a||n/a||Travel from home||Y|
|Rebecca Foulger||GO-EBI||N/A||N/A||Travel from home||N|
|Rama Balakrishnan||SGD, Stanford||n/a||n/a||not yet||Y (vegan if possible)|
|Stan Laulederkind||RGD||Nov 6||Nov 11||not yet||N|
|David Hill||The Jackson Laboratory||?||?||not yet||N|
|Kimberly Van Auken||WormBase, Caltech||?||?||not yet||Yes, please|
|Julie Park||SGD, Stanford||N/A||Nov 10, LHR, 1:35PM||not yet||N|
|Midori Harris||PomBase, Cambridge||N/A||N/A||TBD - may stay one night||N (but don't want meat every meal)|
|Tanya Berardini||TAIR||?||?||not yet||N|
|Claire O'Donovan||UniProtKB||N/A||N/A||not yet||gluten-free|
|Susan Tweedie||FlyBase||N/A||N/A||not yet||N|
|Prudence Mutowo||GOA-UniProtKB||N/A||N/A||not yet||no rice|
|Rachael Huntley||GOA-UniProtKB||N/A||N/A||not yet||Y|
|Name||Organization||Date presenting||Arrival Date/Time at Airport||Departure Date/Time from Airport||Hotel booked?||Vegetarian (Y/N)|
|Name||Organization||email (needed to set up your remote access)||Time Zone|
|Doug HOwe||ZFINfirstname.lastname@example.org||PDT (UTC -7)|
Return to Consortium_Meetings page