Difference between revisions of "2015 Washington DC GOC Scientific Advisory Board Meeting Agenda"
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
Revision as of 05:15, 2 September 2015
The GOC Scientific Advisory Board Meeting will be held on Wednesday September 2, 2015 at the Marvin Center at George Washington University, in Room 407.
Arriving to the Meeting Venue
- The Marvin Center at George Washington University is located at 21st Street Northwest, Washington, DC. The conference center is located a 6 minute walk from OWCHotel and a 5 minute walk from Foggy Bottom Metro.
- We are meeting on the 4th floor in room 407.
- Breakfast available at 8:30
The Minutes of the GOC2015 Meeting are recorded in this Google Document.
Morning Session (Open to GOC members)
- Morning session with progress reports on grant aims, GOC objectives, and immediate next steps.
- 9:00 – 9:20 am GOC: historical perspective and community acknowledgments (Suzi)
- 9:20 – 9:40 am Consortium grant aims and overview of progress (Judy)
- 9:40 – 10:00 am GO Metrics; annotations and ontologies: progress and impact (Mike)
- 10:00– 10:20 Phylogenetic annotations and PAINT (Suzi)
10:20 – 10:40 Break
- 10:40 - 11:00 am Community Annotation: Capella and Noctua /LEGO (Paul S and Paul T)
- 11:00 – 11:20 am What Next? (Mike)
Afternoon Session (Closed Discussion)
- 11:40 am - 1:00 pm Lunch -- Private lunch and discussion for SAB and PIs.
- 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm -- SAB private discussion
- 2:30 pm - 3:30 pm -- SAB and PI group; Feedback and discussion
- 3:30 pm -- End of 2015 GOC SAB meeting
SAB Meeting Dinner
The SAB has a reservation at Ris on the night before the SAB Meeting, Tuesday 01-September-2015 at 6:30 PM. Ris is located at 2275 L St NW Washington, DC 20037, within walking distance of both the Meeting Venue and the Hotel. Please see the map to the right to review its location. Your reservation is at 6:30 PM, so please plan to be there 5 minutes in advance.