2016 Los Angeles GOC Meeting Logistics
GOC Meeting, Los Angeles, November 4-6, 2016
- University of Southern California
- Please register at: https://www.regonline.com/registration/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1890594
Consortium dinner Friday November 4
- Friday November 4:
- Meeting will run from 9am to 5pm.
- Consortium Dinner will follow.
- Saturday November 5:
- Meeting will run from 9am to 5pm.
- Sunday November 6:
- Meeting will run from 9am to 1pm.
- Optional break out groups may follow.
- Monday November 7:
- Noctua training workshop will run from 9 am to 3 pm
Meeting Venue and Directions
- University of Southern California, Ray I. Irani Hall, room 101.
- Campus Map: type "RRI" in the search box - http://web-app.usc.edu/maps/
- Walk from hotel: Cross the street (Figueroa) at the light just north of the hotel, and continue almost straight across campus
- Driving from off-campus: Enter campus from Vermont Street (west side), and pay for parking in Parking Structure A ("PSA" on map), which is right across from RRI. Or park right next to the Radisson Hotel and walk with the others (this is cheaper and probably easier on Saturday and Sunday).
- International Flights
- Recommend Uber (pick up on Departures level, one floor above ground) or Taxi
- Some domestic flights
- Burbank airport, slightly closer and more convenient than LAX
- Dinner will be on the 4th, starting at 6:30pm, at McKays in the Trophy Room: http://mckays.usc.edu/
- Here are the dinner choices for that evening
- Soup of the Day
- Garden Green Salad
- Cajun Fried Calamari (Crispy Calamari Fries Served with House Remoulade & Lemon)
- Montego Bay Chicken (Half of a Farm Raised Chicken, Char-Grilled & Brushed with Authentic Jerk Marinade Over Chorizo-Calypso Rice)
- Sake Salmon (Fresh Atlantic Salmon Glazed with Rice Wine & Miso Stir-Fried Vegetables, Forbidden Rice)
- Flat Iron Steak (10oz Flat Iron Steak Grilled to Perfection with Maytag Mashed Potatoes Seasonal Vegetables & Red Wine Demi Glace)
- Boneless Short Rib (12-Hour, Cabernet Braised Short Rib over Smoked Cheddar, Red Pepper Grits Seasonal Vegetables)
- Cavatappi Arrabbiata (Corkcrew Pasta Tossed in Garlic Crème Sauce with Fried Roasted Tomatoes, Salmon Belly & Carlsbad Mussels)
- Thai Curry Noodles (vegan/vegetarian; gluten-free) (Sautéed Garden Vegetables in a Rich-Red Curry Broth, Served with Flat Stir-Fried Noodles)
Please add your name to the table if you intend to attend the meeting, the dinner, the Noctua workshop, so we can get a headcount estimate.
|Name||Organization||Are you planning to attend the GOC meeting||Are you planning to attend the GOC dinner||Are you planning to attend the Noctua/LEGO workshop the day after the meeting, Monday, November 7th?|
|Shur-Jen Wang||Rat Genome Database||Yes||yes||No|
|Judy Blake||Jackson Laboratory||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Chris Mungall||LBNL||Yes||No (previously organized meeting)|
|Stacia Engel||Stanford, SGD||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Kimberly Van Auken||WB, Caltech||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ruth Lovering||UCL||Yes||Yes (note food: vegetarian or fish only)||Yes|
|David Hill||The Jackson Laboratory||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Harold Drabkin||The Jackson Laboratory||Yes||Yes||Not sure|
|Karen Christie||The Jackson Laboratory||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mary Dolan||The Jackson Laboratory||Yes||Yes||No|
|Li Ni||The Jackson Laboratory||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Petra Fey||dictyBase||No||Yes (note: vegetarian or fish only)||Yes|
|David Osumi-Sutherland||EBI||Yes||No (It's my daughter's birthday!)|
Moni Munoz-Torres - Previous commitment to attend http://www.icg-11.org/
- PLEASE BOOK USING CODE "GOCON" BY OCTOBER 13 TO ENSURE RATE
- Make hotel reservations with your personal access code “GOCON” either
- online https://www.radisson.com/los-angeles-hotel-ca-90007/cafiguer
- by phone +1.800.333.3333
- We have arranged for a group rate at the Radisson Hotel across the street from the USC campus.
- Make sure to book by October 13, as there may be no availability after that date
- the weekend of November 5-6 there will be two big football games at the Coliseum
- Individuals will pay on own for all charges
- walking distance:
- Exposition Park - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposition_Park_(Los_Angeles)
- Downtown LA