Difference between revisions of "2017 Corvallis GOC Meeting Agenda"
|Line 253:||Line 253:|
Revision as of 04:27, 25 April 2017
- 1 Day 1
- 1.1 9am Welcome, schedule and logistics
- 1.2 Overview/Plan for Upcoming Year
- 1.3 Pipeline Migration
- 1.4 New APIs
- 1.5 TermGenie replacement
- 1.6 Graph Store update
- 1.7 GO and AGR
- 1.8 Introduction to Ontology Editing (David, Chris)
- 1.9 MF refactoring (Paul, David)
- 1.10 ECO
- 1.11 GAFs and GPADs from Noctua models
- 1.12 The fate of simple processes
- 1.13 The distinction between cellular processes and processes, do we need it?
- 1.14 Annotation QC issues
- 1.15 Enrichment Analysis
- 1.16 Contacts for Curation Groups
- 2 Attendees
9am Welcome, schedule and logistics
- Remote attendees call in via Bluejeans: https://bluejeans.com/993661940
Overview/Plan for Upcoming Year
- GO PIs presentation
- This year's goals
Seth & Chris 20 mins
Seth & Chris 20 mins
Chris 20 mins
Graph Store update
Eric 10 mins
GO and AGR
- What does GO need to do for AGR?
- Is there anything that GO curators should do any differently for this?
Introduction to Ontology Editing (David, Chris)
- How are new terms added?
MF refactoring (Paul, David)
Mapping to classic GO evidence codes. The official mapping of IMP to ECO is not sufficiently broad. Should cover non-genetic perturbations (e.g. pharmacological).
GAFs and GPADs from Noctua models
- Where do we stand?
- Challenges with complex models (evidence)
- All of PRO IDS should be available in Noctua (ids for human, pombe, etc); can these be loaded from PRO directly?
The fate of simple processes
- What do we consider a single-step process and what is their future?
- GH ticket about single step processes
- Is this a single step process?
The distinction between cellular processes and processes, do we need it?
Annotation QC issues
Pascale & Sylvain See notes /list of papers:
Modified protein binding
Pascale & Sylvain https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/12787
Val & Seth
- by default have the enrichment tool run directly on the GO annotation dataset
- by default enable loading a background
- currently missing a substantial number of annotations (e.g. fission yeast)
Contacts for Curation Groups
Pascale & David Some annotation groups are now gone (no longer annotating), therefore, can't dispute annotations and have no mechanism to update or change them, if needed. We need to have a mechanism for tracking the status better github go-annotation tracker for annotation disputes can we have some GOC superuser status in Protein2GO that allows GO curators to update annotations Some groups like JCVI, PAMGO no longer annotate - can GOC take control of these experimental annotations?
Please add your name to the table if you intend to attend the meeting, the dinner, the Noctua workshop, and the Reactome workshop so we can get a headcount estimate. Thank you!
|Name||Organization||Are you planning to attend the GOC meeting||Are you planning to attend the GOC dinner||Are you planning to attend the Noctua workshop the day after the meeting, Sunday, June 4th?||Are you planning to attend the Reactome workshop on Monday, June 5th?|
|Laurel Cooper||Jaiswal Group/Oregon State||Y||Y||Y|
|Parul Gupta||Jaiswal Group/Oregon State||Y||Y||Y|
|Pankaj Jaiswal||Reactome/Oregon State||Y||Y||Y|
|Austin Meier||Jaiswal Group/Oregon State||Y||Y||N|
|Sushma Naithani||Jaiswal Group/Oregon State||Y||Y||Y|
|Kimberly Van Auken||WB||Y||Y||Y||Y|
- NOT ATTENDING: