Difference between revisions of "2018 NYU SAB Meeting Agenda"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Morning Session (Open to GOC members))
m
 
(8 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
[[Category: GO Consortium Meetings]]
+
[[Category: GO SAB Meetings]]
  
 
'''May 15, 2018'''
 
'''May 15, 2018'''
  
==Agenda==
+
==Breakfast==
  
 
*Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM
 
*Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM
  
 
+
=Agenda=
===Morning Session (Open to GOC members)===
+
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OsXk2k12hSIA5yp3niunOYt9E7_vsIptON7G5NUUh5g/edit#heading=h.r38eum1myjsm
: The morning session includes progress reports on the aims of the grant, objectives of the GOC, and immediate next steps.
 
 
 
*9:00 am - 9:15 am -- Usage, user community, metrics and impact (Judy Blake)
 
 
 
*9:15 am - 9:40 am -- Consortium grant aims, project organization and progress highlights (Paul Thomas)
 
 
 
*9:40 am - 9:55 am -- Working group updates: outreach and QA (Pascale Gaudet)
 
 
 
*9:55 am - 10:10 am -- Working group updates: Annotation and GO-CAM  (Kimberly van Auken)
 
 
 
*10:10 am - 10:25 am -- Working group updates: Ontology development  (David Hill)
 
 
 
*10:25 am - 10:40 am -- Working group updates: PAINT (Huaiyu Mi)
 
 
 
*10:40 am - 11:00 am -- '''Coffee Break'''
 
 
 
*11:00 am - 11:10 am -- GOC and the Alliance of Genome Resources (Paul Sternberg)
 
 
 
*11:10 am - 11:20 am -- GOC and the NIH Data Commons Pilot Consortium (Mike Cherry)
 
 
 
*11:20 am - 11:45 am -- Goals for the next year (Suzi Lewis and Chris Mungall)
 
 
 
===Afternoon Session (Closed Discussion)===
 
 
 
*11:45 am - 1:00 pm '''Lunch''' -- Private lunch and discussion for SAB and PIs.
 
 
 
*1:00 pm - 2:30 pm -- SAB private discussion
 
 
 
*2:30 pm - 3:30 pm -- SAB and PI group; Feedback and discussion
 
 
 
*3:30 pm - End of 2015 GOC SAB meeting
 
 
 
  
 
=TO DO=
 
=TO DO=
Line 46: Line 14:
 
** Update on priorities/progress
 
** Update on priorities/progress
 
** Metrics of our accomplishments  
 
** Metrics of our accomplishments  
 +
** Need to send out materials to SAB by May 7th
 +
** PIs need to review presentations for morning session
  
 
* Are there any specific questions we have for the SAB?
 
* Are there any specific questions we have for the SAB?
 
+
**Mention relationship with AGR,  
* Mention relationship with AGR, etc
+
**
  
 
=What we'd like to show=
 
=What we'd like to show=
Line 56: Line 26:
 
==Usage metrics==
 
==Usage metrics==
 
* particularly usage of enrichment analysis and compare to DAVID stats - see 2017 progress report for ideas
 
* particularly usage of enrichment analysis and compare to DAVID stats - see 2017 progress report for ideas
 +
* comparative enrichment output papers
 
* GO should provide more information about literature coverage in curation, so that users are better-informed about potential gaps and progress in annotation.
 
* GO should provide more information about literature coverage in curation, so that users are better-informed about potential gaps and progress in annotation.
 +
 
==QC group==
 
==QC group==
 
* Implementation and first achievements
 
* Implementation and first achievements

Latest revision as of 05:49, 12 April 2019


May 15, 2018

Breakfast

  • Breakfast will be served at 8:30 AM

Agenda

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OsXk2k12hSIA5yp3niunOYt9E7_vsIptON7G5NUUh5g/edit#heading=h.r38eum1myjsm

TO DO

  • What materials do we need to prepare in advance ?
    • Update on priorities/progress
    • Metrics of our accomplishments
    • Need to send out materials to SAB by May 7th
    • PIs need to review presentations for morning session
  • Are there any specific questions we have for the SAB?
    • Mention relationship with AGR,

What we'd like to show

Noctua 1.0

Demo, show groups using it

Usage metrics

  • particularly usage of enrichment analysis and compare to DAVID stats - see 2017 progress report for ideas
  • comparative enrichment output papers
  • GO should provide more information about literature coverage in curation, so that users are better-informed about potential gaps and progress in annotation.

QC group

  • Implementation and first achievements


Important points from the 2015 SAB report

Organization of the GOC

    • Goals
    • GOC projects and resources
    • QA group

Tools

PAINT

      • update functionality, pipeline
      • show impact using one of Suzi's TCGA cancer pathways

Noctua

      • Ask David H to report MGI's experience with Noctua

Capella: paper viewer tool

Broader community initiatives

    • Developer community: R packages for GO (technical outreach)
    • Draft some best practices for the developer community (See also paper - reproduciblity with GO PMID:29572502)
    • Best practices document for using GO, including GO enrichment (Paul)
    • Suggestion to have a “Certified GO tool developer” program with badges (not implement but what do people think ? can we also do that for curators?
    • Can GO partner with other enrichment tools beyond panther?
    • Make GO data available via web services to help people keep their data up to date (ongoing)
    • What is the future of https://github.com/cmungall/term-enrichment-protocol for standardizing among various enrichment tools? (not updated since 2014)
    • Create an index of external tools that have been evaluated by key standard metrics and this could translate into a gold star rating system on the GO website -> No resources to do that


Outreach group

Alliance

  • How do the priorities of the Alliance GO working group align with the priorities of the GOC overall?
  • What are the most important things for GO to do in the next six months?

Discussion

Questions we'd like to ask

  • Should we push out GO-CAMs into pathway databases like pathwaycommons, ndex, ...?
  • Are there other communities that the SAB recommends/suggests we connect with ?

Somewhat random items from managers call that we might want to raise with the SAB

  • Reactome import into Noctua