2019 Berkeley GOC Meeting Logistics
- 1 GOC Meeting, Berkeley, October 7-10, 2019
- 2 User Meeting
- 3 SAB Meeting
- 4 Arriving
- 5 Hotels
- 6 Attendees
- 7 Food and drinks
- 8 Local activities
- 9 Departure
GOC Meeting, Berkeley, October 7-10, 2019
- 717 Potter Street, Berkeley, CA
- Via EventBrite--coming soon
- Registration will cover coffee & snacks for the 2.5-day GOC meeting, as well as 2 lunches and the Consortium dinner (not including alcoholic beverages)
- Monday, October 7: User Meeting (8:30am-5pm)
- Tuesday-Thursdayy October 8-10: GOC Meeting (8:30am-5pm first 2 days, 9am-12:30pm third day)
- Friday, October 11 (time TBA): SAB Meeting, UC Berkeley campus (Stanley Hall)
- Wednesday, Oct 9
- More details coming soon
- Monday, October 7 at 717 Potter St., Berkeley. More details soon.
- Friday, October 11 (time TBA) in Stanley Hall on the UC Berkeley campus.
- Thursday, October 10, 7pm: SAB dinner, place TBD
The closest airports are San Francisco (SFO) and Oakland (OAK). From either of those, you can take BART to Berkeley and get a taxi/Lyft/Uber from the Ashby BART station.
These are listed in increasing order by price. The Four Points by Sheraton is the only one that's walking distance (1.4 miles) from the meeting location; the others are downtown, a short drive away. [This map](https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DaSiBXlW6gjH840h9kdC3FVbuVuetqglcsgrDvB7maE/edit) shows the relative locations of the hotels.
For travel to our building, we will arrange for attendees to have access to the LBNL Potter St. shuttle to our building from downtown.
2001 Bancroft Way, Berkeley (2.4 miles from the meeting location). (510) 843-4043.
Very basic, but adequate. LBNL rate: $129/night (normal rate $139/night). 10 rooms being held--phone (don't book online) and ask for “LBL” or “Gene Ontology” room block.
1603 Powell Street, Emeryville (1.4 miles from the meeting location), 1-800-325-3535.
$175/night (single or double) block rate for “Gene Ontology / GO meeting”. 10 rooms reserved.
Book using this link: https://www.marriott.com/events/start.mi?id=1563407776453&key=GRP or call 1-800-325-3535 and ask for the “Gene Ontology” room block.
Check in as early as Oct 6; check out as late as Oct 12. Last day to get the group rate: September 6, 2019.
2086 Allston Way, Berkeley (2.5 miles from the meeting location), 866-466-9199.
UC Berkeley rate: $215/night. Same price for double or single. You will need to phone and ask for the university rate--not available online.
The Graduate (formerly the Hotel Durant)
2600 Durant Ave, Berkeley (2.9 miles from the meeting location), 510-845-8981.
Oct rates (as of 13-June): $216 (Q), $233 (D/D)
Please add yourself to the table if you plan to attend!
|Name||Organization||Attend GOC meeting (Oct 8-10)?||GOC dinner (Oct 9)?||Attend User Meeting (Oct 7)?||Hotel|
|Peter D'Eustachio||NYULMC / Reactome||Yes||Yes||No||Four Points|
NOT attending (please indicate if you will attend remotely):
Remote attendees can join us via Zoom (Zoom link will be sent out before the meeting)