Difference between revisions of "2020 Paris GOC Meeting Logistics"
|Line 240:||Line 240:|
Revision as of 16:31, 4 March 2020
- 1 GOC Meeting, Paris , May 12th - 14th, 2020
- 1.1 Location
- 1.2 GO Main Meeting Registration
- 1.3 Optional: GO User Meeting Registration
- 1.4 Consortium dinner May 13 at 8 PM
- 1.5 Hotels
- 1.6 Notes on Hotels
- 1.7 Getting around
- 1.8 Local activities
- 1.9 Attendees
GOC Meeting, Paris , May 12th - 14th, 2020
- Pasteur Institute, 28 Rue du Dr Roux - Lwoff Building - Retrovirus Room.
- Entrance / Security checkin and access to Retrovirus Room: 2D view 3D view
- Be sure to have your current valid ID (eg passport) as it will be required to enter the institute !
GO Main Meeting Registration
- Register here
- Add your name to the list of attendees: http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/2020_Paris_GOC_Meeting_Logistics#Attendees . If you can't edit the wiki, alternatively you can fill that form
Deadline: April 10th, or until full (max 50 people)
Optional: GO User Meeting Registration
- There will be a GO User Meeting on Monday May 11. The aim of the meeting is to present GO and discuss with local groups.
- If you wish to attend the GO User Meeting, you have to register here
Deadline: April 15th, or until full (max 50 people)
Consortium dinner May 13 at 8 PM
- We'll have a diner cruise hosted on bateaux parisiens, close to the Eiffel Tower. From Pasteur, you can take the line 6 up to the station Bir-Hakeim
- Full Address: Bateaux Parisiens, Port de la Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris, France
Hotel Aberotel (recommended by Pasteur, 8mn walk)
24 rue Blomet, 75015 Paris
Phone: +33 1 40 61 70 50
Hotel Eiffel Blomet (more modern, 12mn walk)
78 Rue Blomet, 75015 Paris, France
Phone: +33 1 53 68 70 00
Hotel Concorde Montparnasse (13mn walk)
40 rue du Commandant René Mouchotte, 75014 Paris
Phone: +33 1 56 54 84 00
Hotel Louison (13mn walk)
105 rue de Vaugirard, 75006 Paris
Phone: +33 1 53 63 25 50
Hotel L'aiglon (24mn walk)
232 bd Raspail, 75014 Paris
Phone: +33 1 43 20 82 42
Notes on Hotels
There are a number of pretty nice apartments in Paris, so if you have time, checking AirBnb could find you a gem for the same price.
From Charles de Gaulles Airport, you can go to Paris through:
Public transport (RATP) is usually very good in Paris and can get you pretty much everywhere: Downloadable Map. Metro are mostly to travel within Paris and RER, faster trains can get you to the suburban, including Versailles (~ 1h).
The station to get to the meeting is "Pasteur" (south west) and is deserved by both line 6 and 12.
If you want more precise / up-to-date itineraries than google map, you can use the [RATP site https://www.ratp.fr/en/itineraires].
Official Paris Taxi are easily recognizable thanks to their sign, a green light indicating they are available and will stop if you call them.
Uber is available in Paris but not Lyft.
Paris also has a number of biking stations called velib'.
The Institut Pasteur is very close to the "Quartier Latin", a very lively part of Paris which concentrate most universities and engineering schools. The rue Mouffetard and the Place de la Contrescarpe are typical of a Paris student life and hold many restaurants.
This article gives some ideas of what can be seen in the area. In 25mn walk you can get to the Gardens of Luxembourg, 35mn will get you to the medieval museum of Cluny, 45mn to the island of the city with Notre Dame cathedral and the Sainte Chapelle (many classical concerts are usually available). If you prefer to use public transportation, taking the line 12 from Pasteur and line 4 from Montparnasse will get you to Saint Michel Notre Dame in 20mn.
Walking along the Seine river around that area and by a sunny day is always enjoyable. Along the way, it's easy to find the Louvres, the City town hall (Hotel de Ville), the Orsay museum and the Pont des arts which leads to the Institut de France where the French Academy of Science is.
|Name||Organization?||GOC meeting (May 12-14)||GOC dinner (May 13)||Users Meeting (May 11)||Hotel||Paid via Eventbrite|
|Laurent-Philippe Albou||USC, LBNL||yes||yes||yes||N/A||N/A|
|Petra Fey||dictyBase||yes||yes||no||Hôtel Aberotel Montparnasse|
|Alexander Diehl||University at Buffalo||yes||yes|
|Penelope Garmiri||EMBL-EBI, GOA||yes||yes|
|Alex Ignatchenko||EMBL-EBI, GOA||yes||yes|
|Maria Martin||EMBL-EBI, UniProt||yes||yes|
|Rizwan Ishtiaq||EMBL-EBI, GOA||yes||yes|
|Peter D'Eustachio||Reactome NYULMC||yes||yes||yes||Eiffel Blomet|
|Debby Siegele||OMP Texas A&M Univ.||yes, (may have to leave on May 14)||yes||yes||Hôtel Aberotel Montparnasse|
NOT attending (please indicate if you will attend remotely):
Sabrina Toro (ZFIN)
Remote attendees can join us via Zoom (Zoom link will be sent out before the meeting)