7 Jan 2020 PAINT Conference Call
Pascale, Huaiyu, Dustin, Anushya
1. I think Dustin has some data/forward tracking issues he’d like to discuss: Dustin, would you please list those or send links to tickets ?
2. I would like to discuss the ID space that we use - for example for AspGD we are using UniProt, so Aspergillus has some annotations as ASPDG IDs, and IBAs as UniProt. We should be using a single ID space for each species. See for example:
- Huaiyu: Consortium needs to provide guidelines for name spaces for each species.
- Pascale: The dataset yaml files describe all sources that provide their own namespaces: https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/tree/master/metadata/datasets
- We noted that in the two links above, the species is different: Aspergillus fumigatus Af293 (Taxid:330879) for IBA annotations and Aspergillus fumigatus (Taxid:746128)
- From the 2018-04 (version used for v.14.1) RefProt README file that we use to map 5-letter code to taxon ID ASPFU->330879:
UP000002530 330879 ASPFU 9647 0 9652 Neosartorya fumigata (strain ATCC MYA-4609 / Af293 / CBS 101355 / FGSC A1100) (Aspergillus fumigatus)
3. Taxon constraints in PAINT