Annotation Conf. Call 2015-10-27
Meeting URL: https://bluejeans.com/993661940
Annotation Consistency Exercise
Annotation consistency paper picked by ZFIN- PMID:24430697
Choice of paper-motivation: discussing the use of IGI as evidence code. When should we use IGI?
- - mutation in gene A is rescued by a mutation in gene B
- - mutation in gene A is rescued by over-expression in gene
In this paper, how do we capture
- - the repression of transcriptional activation activity of tbx5a by kctd10?
- - the information about has2
Summary of the paper (PMID:24430697) - mutants in kctd10 show heart defects (heart looping, atrioventricular canal development) Note: phenotypes determined by
- - analysis of heart morphology
- - gene expression analysis of genes known to be expressed in specific part of the heart).
[Fig 1, 2, 3]
- downregulation of tbx5a or has 2 (using MO) rescue kctd10 mutant heart phenotypes. [Fig 4]
- in vitro experiments [Fig5]:
- - luciferase reporter assay
- kctd10 inhibits tbx5 transcriptional activity
- - Co-IP ; Pull down assay:
- tbx5a and kctd10 physically interact with each other.