Annotation Conf. Call 2016-08-09
From GO Wiki
Revision as of 10:57, 8 August 2016 by Vanaukenk (→Membrane Cellular Component Annotations and More Generally, Chain of Evidence Annotations)
- 1 Bluejeans URL: https://bluejeans.com/993661940
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Minutes
Bluejeans URL: https://bluejeans.com/993661940
Next GOC Meeting - USC, Los Angeles, CA, November 4-6, 2016
- Please indicate on the Meeting Logistics Page if you plan to come.
- We are also gauging interest in a one- or half-day Noctua/LEGO workshop at USC (either before or after the main consortium meeting) so have added two additional column to the table to see if people can also attend that, and if so, when.
- Please add your information as soon as possible so we can make arrangements.
UK LEGO/Noctua Training
- There will be a LEGO/Noctua training session in Hinxton, UK from Wednesday, 8/31 - Friday, 9/2.
- Agenda (in progress)
Annotation Consistency Exercise for August 2016
- August 23 - SGD
Membrane Cellular Component Annotations and More Generally, Chain of Evidence Annotations
- This annotation issue was raised by Rebecca and concerns annotation to membrane child terms, e.g. integral to synaptic vesicle membrane, given different types of experimental results.
- More generally, though, the annotation issue here concerns what we have often referred to as chain-of-evidence annotations, which means annotations that result from curators considering the experimental result as well as additional information such as sequence motifs or domains.
- There is a nice summary of the membrane annotation issue from Rebecca on the 2016-07-11 minutes.
- For today's call, we would like to have a discussion on this general issue.