Annotation Conf. Call 2017-03-14
From GO Wiki
GO Meeting Reminder
- Corvallis, Oregon - June 1-3rd, Noctua Workshop - June 4th, Reactome Workshop - June 5th
- Meeting Registration Site
- Meeting Agenda
- GO-Help, Ontology migration to github, Jenkins pipeline - Chris, Seth, Moni
- Migration of annotation files to github at some point in the future?
- Review of IMP annotations for possible use of new qualifiers
- On the February 14th call, we discussed adding new qualifiers to describe the relationship between a gene/gene product and a GO BP term
- What is the scope of the issue? Are there general principles we can derive to help with applying new qualifiers to legacy annotations?
- Explore effects on enrichment analyses
- David H has run gene sets from three papers using VLAD including and excluding IMP evidence codes.
- Single-step biological processes - review annotations to help assess impact if such terms are obsoleted
- Github ticket 'Remove all single-step BP classes'
- What terms could possibly be considered single-step processes?
- Look at MF-BP links
- Mary D's analysis shows that there are 2380 bioentities that have experimental annotation to phosphorylation or its children that do not have annotation to kinase or its children. This is just one example.
- Transcription factor decision tree
- From Rachael: The update is that we have revised the decision tree, which is attached above (see github ticket), and we would like feedback on it from this working group. When the working group are happy with it, then we will announce it at a future annotation call and get it added to the website.
- Annotating high throughput experiments
- Proposed first meeting: Tuesday, March 21st, 8am PST