Annotation Conf. Call 2017-06-27
From GO Wiki
Meeting URL - NOTE CHANGE TO ZOOM
- Overview of how attributions are going to be made in Noctua-generated annotations.
- How do groups work and in which files is group information found.
- Sharing Curation documentation.
- If groups have curation documention, we are collecting this to try to create SOPs for curation.
- Brainstorming about topics for co-annotation/consistency exercises.
- Signaling in anticipation of a small focused workshop the Sunday before the GOC meeting.
- On call: Chris, David H., Edith, Emily, George, Giulia, Harold, Helen, Judy, Kevin, Kimberly, Li, Midori, Moni, Penelope, Rachel, Ruth, Sabrina, Sage, Shur-Jen, Stacia, Terry, Val
Attribution in Noctua Models
- Check go-site repository in Gene Ontology github implementation
- Under metadata, there is a groups.yaml file (go-site/metadata/groups.yaml)
- If you want to have proper attribution for your group's annotations in Noctua (and for other reasons to track your group's participation), add you group to the users.yaml file and submit a pull request
- There is also a users.yaml file, in which users (people/curators) are assigned to groups
- When you login to Noctua, and then work on a model, you can select the specific group for which you are working when you edit a model
- We will need to have some guidelines (http vs https; not having a / at the end of the URL, etc.) for URL submission
- If you are not familiar with using github or editing .yaml files, please email Chris, Eric, or Seth for help
- ACTION ITEM: Please check your group and user entries on go-site/metadata to make sure everything is up-to-date.
- We are asking groups to share their internal curation documentation so that we can create standard, group-wide curation documentation
- The curation documentation would be hosted on github (geneontology/go-annotation) with links out to the documentation on readthedocs
- Our curation documentation is spread out over too many sites, and we need to consolidate and make things consistent
- The ontology editors have moved to this system
- Just note that for this call's demo, the view of the docs is not what it usually looks like; it usually looks much nicer :-)
- ACTION ITEM: Please send David and Kimberly links or text documents to your group's curation documentation, if you have it. Thank you!