Annotation Conf. Call 2017-11-14
From GO Wiki
- 1 Meeting URL
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Minutes
Ontology Term Requests - Reminder
- Refresher on information required for term requests:
- Term name
- Term definition
- dbxrefs (e.g. GOC:kmv)
- If you need help with parentage or definitions, the ontology editors can help with this, but please make a first-pass attempt at parentage and defs to help expedite the ticket.
- Guideline for Contributing to the Ontology
- We need to have groups properly captured in the Assigned By field of output GPAD files
- All current and future Noctua curators who are associated with one or more curation groups need to fill out the groups field in their entry in the users.yaml file
- Full path: https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/blob/master/metadata/users.yaml
- Groups are entered as URLs, e.g. http://www.wormbase.org, in single quotes
- If curators belong to multiple annotation groups, the first group will be considered the default
- To change groups in Noctua, select from the drop-down list next to the curator name in the upper right of the tool
Direct Annotation to High Level Terms
- Manual annotation to uninformative high-level terms is strongly discouraged
- See: improving specificity by banning high level terms #1648
- For example: direct annotation to 'transport' (GO:0006810) is one case where a more specific annotation can likely be made
- In AmiGO, there are 53 experimentally supported annotations to 'transport'.
- Can groups check these annotations to see if a more granular term is appropriate?
- Once you've checked the annotations, please remove yourself from the Assignee list on the ticket, so we know you've finished
- Unresolved annotations according to group:
(8) EcoCyc (7) EcoliWiki (7) MGI (7) PseudoCAP (3) RGD (2) GR (1) SynGO
- PomBase has a list of >1300 high-level terms that have a 'do not manually annotate' flag
- The proposal is to work through this list so annotations are consistent amongst all GOC members
- Review cAMP-mediated GPCR signaling pathway annotations
HTP Evidence Codes
- Checked and reviewed annotations:
- Helen will finish updating guidelines
- How doe the HTP evidence codes map up to existing GO evidence codes?
- They are in a separate branch, although still experimental.
- On call: