Annotation Conf. Call 2020-10-20
From GO Wiki
- 1 Agenda and Minutes
- 1.1 Infrastructure
- 1.2 Meetings
- 1.3 Annotation Issues
- 2 Attendance
Agenda and Minutes
Planned site outage and system downtime for Berkeley site
- Friday the 23rd, at about 6pm PDT, to Saturday the 24th, at about 6pm PDT. These times are approximate.
- Most services will continue during this downtime, but the following will be unavailable:
- Noctua (production and development)
- GO-CAM site (latest models component)
- RDF endpoint
- Noctua curators will need to save any work they wish to be preserved before the scheduled downtime.
- The current status of all of the main GO systems can be found at:
Tracker summary emails
- Software team is working on this
GAF 2.2 and GPAD/GPI 2.0
- Do any groups need help with this?
October Consortium Meeting - Follow-Up
- Opportunity to give feedback on the meeting - please respond to the survey by end-of-day Tuesday, October 20th (that's today)
Action Items and Working Groups
- Review with managers, but it would still be good to gauge interest
- ACTION ITEMS/Future breakouts/projects
- Dates: Monday, November 16th - Friday, November 20th
- Goal: focused discussions on GO-CAM modeling of specific topics to train more curators on making GO-CAM models and assess the time and resources needed to create process-centric GO-CAM models
- Format will be similar to transcription workshop and May GOC meeting, i.e. 1/2-day sessions of presentations, annotation, discussion, breakout rooms
- Ideally, we'd like to have a representative from each group (although it wouldn't have to be the same person every day)
- Doodle poll
- Google spreadsheet for suggesting biological processes to model
- Please fill out Doodle poll and spreadsheet if you'd like to attend
- Agenda will be forthcoming
GO-CAM Modeling Calls
- Reserve annotation call slot on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month for GO-CAM "office hours"
- Objective: answer specific questions that curators have about GO-CAM modeling
- Submit questions or tickets to the agenda by the Friday before the meeting, so we can make best/efficient use of everyone's time on the call
Capturing interacting taxon
- Currently, a second taxa is just captured in a separate field in the GAF (Taxon, pipe separated when more than one) or GPAD (Interacting taxon) with no relation.
- Proposal: capture dual taxon information using the annotation extension field and a 'has input' relation
- Does everyone who uses the existing Taxon or Interacting taxon fields for dual taxon annotations also use annotation extensions?
- Would this apply to all children of interspecies interaction between organisms?
- On call: Antonia, Birgit, Chris M, David, Dmitry, Dustin, Edith, Giulia, Harold, Helen, Judy, Karen, Kimberly, Li, Malcolm, Michele, Noemi, Pascale, Patrick M, Penelope, Petra, Rob, Sabrina, Stacia, Seth, Suzi, Val