CAMP-mediated signaling ; GO:0019933
From GO Wiki
Revision as of 06:36, 31 October 2013 by Rfoulger (Created page with "Return to Signaling Main Page http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Signaling ==cAMP SIGNALING OVERVIEW== * liganded-GPCRs signal through G-proteins to either ACTIVATE or...")
Return to Signaling Main Page []
cAMP SIGNALING OVERVIEW
- liganded-GPCRs signal through G-proteins to either ACTIVATE or INACTIVATE adenylate cyclase (AC)
- Activated adenylate cyclase produces cAMP from ATP
- cAMP goes on to activate e.g. PKA.
- Where does cAMP signaling start?
- With AC activity?
- Upstream with any signal or signal transducer that signals THROUGH cAMP?
- Does cAMP signaling include signaling both as a result of an INCREASE or a DECREASE in cAMP?
- cAMP-mediated signaling ; GO:0019933
- adenylate cyclase-modulating G-protein coupled receptor signaling pathway ; GO:0007188
- adenylate cyclase activity ; GO:0004016