Cellular component processes
At the meeting on July 9, 2008, we identified thins to be done on processes affecting cellular components. This is a rough list of action items.
Personnel: Jane, David, Midori, Val, others as needed (e.g. Jen, Tanya for plant meristem terms)
- Rename all "organization and biogenesis" terms: remove "and biogenesis".
- Split CC maintenance terms out so that no maintenance term is under development. Obsolete or rename "assembly and maintenance" terms.
- Look at all maintenance terms to see whether they should have homeostasis parent/ancestor.
cellular component organization [and biogenesis] covers CC morphogenesis and CC maintenance
the meaning is essentially "a process that affects a cellular component"; can we come up with a better name? (rejected "cellular component process" as too vague)
- Check for any stray "and" terms. Split, rename, etc. as appropriate.
- Rename the few remaining "and/or" terms to use "or."