Electronic jamboree oct-2008 (Archived)
Planning of the day
- On Thursday (or before!), US people can start looking at annotations for chosen gene sets
- UK people will meet at 9;30
- 3pm BST/10 am eastern/7 am pacific - conference call using webex and phone conference - link up with US on eastern and central time. discuss annotation issues that have arisen, go round the groups to find out if any species have found any interesting differences in their annotation set.
- 5pm/12 eastern/9 am pacific - west coast (PTZ) will join phone conference until 6 pm
- annotations are to be temporarily stored in the GOnuts wiki: http://gowiki.tamu.edu/wiki/index.php/Electronic_Jamboree
(Is the URL still valid??) The above URL is for the July electronic jamboree. I'll make a new page for the October Electronic Jamboree and past the URL here:
Please list your name and a small justification for selecting the gene.
PFKL (UniProtKB:P17858; OMIM:171860) 6-phosphofructokinase, liver type Catalyses; ATP + D-fructose 6-phosphate = ADP + D-fructose 1,6- bisphosphate
From the PPOD clusters it looks like there are orthologs for all species. (Rachael, GOA)
ADD3 (UniProtKB:Q9UEY8; OMIM:601568) Gamma adducin Membrane-cytoskeleton-associated protein that promotes the assembly of the spectrin-actin network. Binds to calmodulin.
Orthologs in mouse, rat, chicken, zebrafish, Drosophila (from HCOP) and is also in the conserved Hs-E.coli list. (Rachael, GOA).
(Note from Eurie, SGD:PPOD does not list a S. cerevisiae gene for ADD3. Am looking for suggestions but PPOD doesn't not list very many from the HS-E.coli list.)
(Note from Debby: I can't access the conserved HS-E.coli spreadsheet, so I can't double check what is written there, but I can't find an E. coli ortholog for ADD3.)
COX18 http://ppod.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/ppod.cgi/GO0/ORTHOMCL5423 (Stacia, SGD) conserved from E.coli to human, but i don't see E.coli in the PPOD results
Nedd4 http://ppod.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/ppod.cgi/GO0/ORTHOMCL2003 (Stacia, SGD) a human HECT E3 that is involved in a congenital human hypertensive disorder known as Liddle syndrome
Return to Reference_Genome_Annotation_Project