Difference between revisions of "File Description: go-ontology-changes"
Revision as of 07:10, 17 October 2019
This file contains a summary as well as the detailed changes in the ontology, comparing a new file (go.obo) with the go.obo file from the previous or latest release.
Ontology changes are calculated from the current go.obo file and compared to the latest released file.
- For a release, the most recent go.obo file is http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/go.obo, and is compared to the go.obo file from the previous release (accessible from http://release.geneontology.org)
- For a snapshot, the most recent go.obo file is http://snapshot.geneontology.org/ontology/go.obo and is compared to the go.obo file from the previous release (same as above),
- release_date: obtained from release/metadata/release-date.json (or snapshot/metadata/release-date.json)
- valid_terms: total number of valid terms (non-obsolete) in the ontology.
- obsolete_terms: total number of terms with "obsolete" status (ie, term_ids for which the is_obsolete field is true in the go.obo file) (this excludes merges).
- merged_terms: total number of merged terms (calculated by counting the term_ids for which the field is_obsolete is true in the go.obo file, and that also are are as alt_ids of a valid term).
- biological_process_terms: total number of valid terms for biological_process aspect.
- molecular_function_terms: total number of valid terms for molecular_function aspect.
- cellular_component_terms: total number of valid terms for cellular_component aspect.
- meta_statements: total number of identifiers, alternative identifiers, namespace, term label, comments, synonyms, definitions, subsets, for each valid term.
- cross_references: same as above, excluding cross-references. Corresponds to the [xref:] field in the .obo file.
- terms_relations: number of relations; the count of all relations, using the fields is_a, intersection_of and relationship of the go.obo file.
Same information as for the current release.
- created_terms: number of terms created since the last release.
- obsolete_terms: number of terms obsoleted since the last release (this excludes merges).
- merged_terms: number of terms merged since the last release
- biological_process_terms: new biological_process terms.
- molecular_function_terms: new molecular_function terms.
- cellular_component_terms: new cellular_component terms.
- meta_statements: total number of changed meta statements.
- meta_statements_by_term: number of terms with changed meta statements.
- cross_references: number of changed cross-references.
- cross_references_by_term: number of terms with changed cross-references.
- relations: total number of changed relations.
- relations_by_term: total number of changed relations.
- created_terms: list of terms created since the last release, organized by GO aspect.
- obsolete_terms: list of terms obsoleted since the last release (this excludes merges), organized by GO aspect.
- merged_terms: list of terms merged since the last release, organized by GO aspect.
- meta_statements_changes: list of changed meta statements, organized by GO aspect.
- cross_references: list of changed cross-references.
- relations_changes: list of changed relations, organized by GO aspect.
Last reviewed: October 17, 2018