Difference between revisions of "Manager 17June2015"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Created page with "=Agenda= ==Update on autophagy== * FYI, The working group is meeting bimonthly. Among things in agenda: working on related SF requests; list of autophagy regulatory proteins ...")
 
Line 7: Line 7:
 
* FYI, Paola is external advisor for a PhD student, thesis title: “A matter of style. How classification practices and bio-ontologies shape current biomedical research” (graduation ~ Oct 2015). Not sure yet if this work will be published as such. Happy to send round Introduction and Working Plan to managers' list if you wish.
 
* FYI, Paola is external advisor for a PhD student, thesis title: “A matter of style. How classification practices and bio-ontologies shape current biomedical research” (graduation ~ Oct 2015). Not sure yet if this work will be published as such. Happy to send round Introduction and Working Plan to managers' list if you wish.
  
 +
==Author feedback form==
 +
===Motivation===
 +
* We have been asked several times about the quality of our annotations
 +
* Paul T mentioned that, at the Synapse meeting, an author said the annotations made from his paper were not accurate.
 +
* How about we send a form to authors and ask if the annotations made from their papers are correct or not?
 +
 +
http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Proposal_for_Author_Feedback_for_annotations#Specifications
  
 
[[Category:Managers]]
 
[[Category:Managers]]

Revision as of 21:45, 16 June 2015

Agenda

Update on autophagy

  • FYI, The working group is meeting bimonthly. Among things in agenda: working on related SF requests; list of autophagy regulatory proteins for annotation; links with apoptosis and mitochondrial events.

PhD thesis on GO

  • FYI, Paola is external advisor for a PhD student, thesis title: “A matter of style. How classification practices and bio-ontologies shape current biomedical research” (graduation ~ Oct 2015). Not sure yet if this work will be published as such. Happy to send round Introduction and Working Plan to managers' list if you wish.

Author feedback form

Motivation

  • We have been asked several times about the quality of our annotations
  • Paul T mentioned that, at the Synapse meeting, an author said the annotations made from his paper were not accurate.
  • How about we send a form to authors and ask if the annotations made from their papers are correct or not?

http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Proposal_for_Author_Feedback_for_annotations#Specifications