Difference between revisions of "Manager 21Apr10"
From GO Wiki
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
Revision as of 07:12, 21 April 2010
Phone passCode: 801-561
Action items from previous calls
- Managers should take responsibility for meeting action items relevant to their area and make sure they get done. Manager Name is listed against each action item. Managers will follow up on these action items and report back on each Manager's meeting (http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/2010_Stanford_Meeting_Minutes#Summary_of_Action_Items).
- GO_ext file - Jane will re-organize the downloads page to highlight this file. She will bring this up with Chris/Seth to highlight it within AmiGO.
- I've been in touch with a group at University of Lisbon (Francisco M Couto) who are developing an existing tool for ontology alignment called AgreementMaker to take ontologies on OBO format, with the hope we can use it to rapidly map GO to the many bacterial/pathogen terminologies (IMG etc.) out there (and hopefully bring in some of the NIAID organisms). Maybe we can look into getting funding for someone to work on this for a year or two as a collaboration? [Jane]
- Karen is attending a transcription meeting in Spain in June. How are we going to coordinate getting the transcription revisions into GO?
- Applications closed for GO curator job. We have a shortlist of 4/5.