Difference between revisions of "Manager 4February2015"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Agenda)
(Discussion)
Line 20: Line 20:
  
 
* We will do a User Interface testing and survey before the renewal. Helen will send us some information on how to construct the survey to make sure it is solid, addresses several areas etc. We will post the survey on several mailing lists and will be on our site for a long time.
 
* We will do a User Interface testing and survey before the renewal. Helen will send us some information on how to construct the survey to make sure it is solid, addresses several areas etc. We will post the survey on several mailing lists and will be on our site for a long time.
 +
 +
* Do we have enough categories in GO-help. Are we watching the trends. Yes we are. May be we should add a category for GO slim.
 +
* We should provide a help link to enrichment from AmiGO/GOC homepage itself
 +
 +
* Capella/CAF development: Kimberly mentioned that things are moving forward
 +
** Regarding RNA IDs: Remind MODs to submit their RNA IDs to RNA central (Rama will do this at the annotation call).
 +
* CHris: Heiko is working on seeding and back end OWL for LEGO. He will show his work to PaulT.
 +
* Paola, DavidOS and Helen are working on plans for 2015. Interviews for the new position will be in Feb.
 +
* Rama: We will demo the textpresso style annotation tool that Kimberly used for Biocreative for consistency exercise at the next annotation call.

Revision as of 12:07, 4 February 2015


Agenda

Review Trello board.

Discussion

Present: Rama, Chris, Paola, Suzi, Judy, PaulT, Kimberly, Huaiyu

  • Annotation issue that came via GOhelp. AgBase curators have annotated a sheep growth hormone to swimming behavior. They claim the sheep growth hormone is similar Rama will talk to agbase folks to clarify before we discuss this further.
    • Kimberly asked if we should allow annotations to a class of molecules.
    • Rama: but that would change the GO annotation paradigm. But if you think about it the InterPro and PAINT annotations are to a class of proteins
  • Biocuration meeting: GO tops will talk about what to present at the next Managers call. So far Rama, Suzi, Moni and PaulT are going to the meeting.
  • AmiGO Production issues: Chris: Can Stanford have better monitoring and be proactive about servers going down?
    • Rama will talk to Mike/Stuart. Does it make sense to move this to the cloud?
    • Rama: we are waiting to add new features to amigo. e.g. having a link to the gene names from TermEnrichment Results
    • Since Chris/Seth are busy, Mike is going to check to see if someone can do some of the mechanical stuff in AmiGO (e.g. add an example next to the search box, add link to documentation etc)
  • We will do a User Interface testing and survey before the renewal. Helen will send us some information on how to construct the survey to make sure it is solid, addresses several areas etc. We will post the survey on several mailing lists and will be on our site for a long time.
  • Do we have enough categories in GO-help. Are we watching the trends. Yes we are. May be we should add a category for GO slim.
  • We should provide a help link to enrichment from AmiGO/GOC homepage itself
  • Capella/CAF development: Kimberly mentioned that things are moving forward
    • Regarding RNA IDs: Remind MODs to submit their RNA IDs to RNA central (Rama will do this at the annotation call).
  • CHris: Heiko is working on seeding and back end OWL for LEGO. He will show his work to PaulT.
  • Paola, DavidOS and Helen are working on plans for 2015. Interviews for the new position will be in Feb.
  • Rama: We will demo the textpresso style annotation tool that Kimberly used for Biocreative for consistency exercise at the next annotation call.