From GO Wiki
GAF Naming Conventions - Standardization? (Kimberly)
- As mentioned a few weeks ago, WB and WB-ParaSite are preparing to start submitting additional GAFs for other nematode species and for platyhelminthes.
- We need to decide on appropriate file names for these GAFs.
- Looking at examples of what is currently submitted by groups that submit multiple files:
- Wondering if we could come up with standardized naming for GAFs. I propose a version including the taxon ID and a name that matches the label associated with the taxon ID:
- Other suggestions?
- Does this work for strain-specific files?
- What about files like the 'noieas' file that UniProt submits?
- Corresponding identifier mapping files would stay the same, e.g., gp2protein.wb?
Symposium day in Washington DC
- Donna Slonim has agreed to give a talk and we are currently waiting an update from Trey Ideker.
- There is not a tentative count for participants, and the symposium has not yet been announced outside the GOC lists.
- Will there be time for side meetings?
Agenda for main GOC meeting
- Proposed topics for the agenda for main meeting can be found here.
- A list of participants who said they are planning to attend the meeting is found here. The list of currently registered participants is available from Jackson Lab, but we have not asked for a count yet.
GO user survey
Please let Paola know if you have any feedback. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PDMRXBW