Manager Call 2015-09-16
- User email- http://jira.geneontology.org/browse/GO-949
The user wants to annotate their assembled transcripts using GO terms. We have always been down on blast2go yet offer no ready to use alternative on our website. (Chris)
- Organise working group for working on chain of evidence: Tony S, Melanie, other volunteers? (MC)
Action Items from GOC
Github: Documentation on how to use github for curators, how to add curator initials when a new curator wants to make ontology changes (Paola has volunteered to bring this up in Ontology call)
- Make sure we can track the survey respondent.
- Use textpresso to get author emails from papers that cite or use GO.
- Ask respondents if they want to participate in focus groups
- training video for how to create a slim - build from existing training talks? Claire mentioned that EBI is making videos.
- create a tool that would use a biology concept (angiogenesis) to select their slim terms (of the various slim flavors, this is the flavor made by gathering more granular terms related to and around the seeding term)
- BD2K- Judy mentioned that there is some RFA to develop education resources/video tutorials. Here’s the link (http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/rfa-files/RFA-HG-14-009.html)
- Ruth and Val to help Moni (+ perhaps Rama & Melanie) with composing the answer page for groups wishing to provide annotations. We’re only interested in manual annotations, not the output of Interpro2GO or other IEAs.
- Improve Evidence code documentation so it isn’t as dispersed, but is all on one page. And more easily searchable.
- Add a line item to renewal to support funding a dedicated user experience person to develop the web site.