Difference between revisions of "Manager Call 2017-07-19"
(→Process to deal with stale annotations)
|Line 59:||Line 59:|
Revision as of 07:24, 19 July 2017
- 1 Joining the Call on Zoom
- 2 Agenda
- 3 New Items
- 4 Minutes
Joining the Call on Zoom
From June 21st Call
- What are the next steps?
- Add guidelines to github documentation with examples for use of each BP qualifier (include positive and negative directionality)
- Propose a half-day online working group meeting for this
- Decide on SOP for legacy annotations
- This may be different for different annotation groups.
- What would be involved in providing computational approaches to help curators?
Working groups management on GitHub
Pascale has created new ‘Projects’ from the action items that proposed working groups at the GOC meeting, see https://github.com/orgs/geneontology/projects It would be nice to have a project lead on each of these, and add any relevant ticket.
We need to prioritize and probably add additional working groups.
Process to deal with stale annotations
Draft message: Dear GO contributors,
GO is now using GitHub as a tracking system for ontology changes and for annotation issues. The repository can be found here: https://github.com/geneontology UPDATE to ???
We need to have a contact person for each group, ideally registered to GitHub, or at least an email address where we can address queries. The list of current contacts is here: https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/blob/master/curator_group_contacts.tsv
UPDATE to ???
The contact person(s) is (are) responsible for (1) answering requests regarding the annotations provided by the group (2) providing feedback on ontology if the ontology editors would like the expertise of that group
Right now we have no contacts persons for the following groups:
- CACAO (Suzi Aleksander, TAMU)
- EcoCyc (Ingrid Keseler, SRI)
- EcoliWiki (Jim Hu, TAMU)
- Ensembl (Maria Martin, EBI)
- EnsemblFungi (Maria Martin, EBI)
- EnsemblPlants (Maria Martin, EBI)
- JCVI (no contact, project has ended)
- MENGO (Michelle Gwinn)
- NTNU_SB (Astrid Laegrid, NTNU)
- PAMGO_GAT (Michelle Gwinn)
- PAMGO_MGG (Michelle Gwinn)
- UniProt (same as UniProtKB?)
If you are part of any of these groups and would like to be the contact point, please email me so I can add you to the list. For the groups who do not reply, GO consortium will add itself as an editor of these annotations and will made changes to the annotations as necessary to ensure that the annotation meet our guidelines.
Contact Person(s) for GO Collaborations with External Groups
- Do we keep track of this anywhere?
Update on Signaling Project
- Signaling pathways claimed
- Ca2+ signaling and fertilization - Penelope
- MAPK - David
- Wnt - Giulia, Helen, Kimberly
- On call: Chris, David H, Kimberly, Pascale, Paul T.
- Need to format documentation for github (generally)
- Default qualifier can be chosen by the annotation group
- Define the clear cut cases first
- Use of regulates means that the mechanism is known
- causally_upstream_of is a parent of regulates, so can be used for things that are upstream for which they may not be enough information to support a controlling, regulatory step
- IMP annotations may get 'causally upstream of or within'
- IDA annotations may get 'involved in'
- Define the clear cut cases first
- Need to have guidelines for usage of new qualifiers
- Need to move GAF docs from drupal to github
- Need to confirm with consortium members
- Need to message wider community
- Still need a rollout plan!! Dates!!