Manager Call 2018-03-15
- 1 Call in info
- 2 Agenda
- 2.1 NYC Meeting Agenda
- 2.2 Alliance
- 2.3 Working Groups/Projects
- 2.4 Noctua
- 2.5 GO Helpdesk
- 2.6 Ontology
- 2.7 Term Genie status
- 3 Minutes
Call in info
NYC Meeting Agenda
- Need to remind people to register & book rooms
- Start working on the agenda in more detail
- SAB agenda, plans
- How do the priorities of the Alliance GO working group align with the priorities of the GOC overall?
- What are the most important things for GO to do in the next six months?
- GO work that is driven by priorities of alliance (Chris):
- Get the GO API up and running (done by Nathan)
- Noctua being rolled out to Alliance members (Noctua is a shared Alliance tool)
- Visualization of Noctua models
- GO ribbon
- GO is not just 'tags on genes' anymore, but also pathways, so we need to coordinate this
GO Curation Survey
Discussion Action to Survey monkey, make changes discussed, and send it around
Expanded Set of Relations
- Implementation requirements to meet our May goal of at least having acts_upstream_of_or_within
- Guidelines/examples for use
- acts upstream of: sperm motility, lipidation of ras, glycine transport -> heme biosynthesis
- regulation: glycolysis, signaling
- involved in: F-P links
- make use of other F-P co-annotation
- other ontology relations could be used to devise rules
- PAINT annotations
- Have a mechanism for groups to propose new rules
- Review annotations to process and regulation of process
- Can Mary D. generate lists for all groups, put on a webpage for review?
- Other software support needed for this?
- Guidelines/examples for use
- David: should we make it clear that this is for existing annotations?
- Chris: in the NYC agenda there is a more up to date version of these relations, see http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Annotation_Relations
- Wiki links to RO and RO links back to the wiki pages
- LOTS of discussion - we need to schedule a few calls before the GOC meeting to sort this out. We're not ready to bring this to the group yet.
RCA Evidence Code
- Need to work with several groups to review their annotations:
- Gramene (35815 annotations)
- As an example, 2929 RCA Molecular Function annotations
- Some annotations from reviews, but some to papers that describe a systems analysis that is probably more in line with the original intent of RCA
- RCA -> CCA (combined computational analysis)??
- If we decide to keep RCA, then we'd need to remove the one-year limit; it doesn't make sense.
Working Group Meetings
- Rotate between ontology and annotation (small, focused groups)
- Test virtual meetings, but still focused on the task
- Merge Tremayne's fork with Noctua-dev for further testing
- Some outstanding issues on SAE
- Single source file for MODs to consume
- David, Kimberly have looked at some imports/translations
- Ben's work looks to be potentially very useful and promising for seeding templates, models
- Will probably require significant manual input, refinement, testing
End User Tools
- What plans do we have for implementing consumption and display of GO-CAM models?
- How does the AGR GO working group fit into this task?
Announcing changes to the wider user community
This was brought up by Birgit in the protein complex merge ticket - she was suggesting we make an announcement. However we never made annoucements before (except for obsoletions); should we start? What would be the guidelines? For example when a merge affects more than 100, 1000 annotations ? EXP only ?
Term Genie status
This keeps on coming up at the Ontology call. What's the status ?
- On call: