Difference between revisions of "Manager Call 2019-11-6"
(Created page with "=Agenda= * Agenda: Laurent-Philippe * Minutes: Kimberly * Present: =Projects Specification guidelines= *Start to spec out projects. Right now there are too many high-priorit...")
Revision as of 05:51, 6 November 2019
- Agenda: Laurent-Philippe
- Minutes: Kimberly
Projects Specification guidelines
- Start to spec out projects. Right now there are too many high-priority things. We modified the template document on the Google drive.
- There is no longer a need to make a GH project for a project that is not yet active.
First pass at project priorities and PIs will assign the Product Owners / Tech Leads, especially green tasks (there are 42 high tasks). Meanwhile, reviewing all high / green tasks and assigning very high categories for anything related to the Noctua 2.0 / GO-CAM main delivery.
- Potential blocking issue of wanting a new relation to replace existing relations that are currently in the ontology for terms like 'cell fate specification'.
- This, along with other spatial relations, e.g. 'occurs adjacent to', will require some work on RO.
- We'll need to devote some resources to working on RO to accomplish these tasks.
- Annotation history also set to high priority as this is required for MOD imports, hence for the main delivery.
The SAB report was emailed to go-managers.
In some cases, AmiGO-loaded ontologies seem sub-optimal, as it returns no-GO terms (often more than GO terms) https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/issues/18048
- Non-GO terms should NOT be returned in the search results
- Obsolete terms should be weighted down (or an option to not get obsolete terms in the search results)
- What is the priority on this task ? Considering people write that they are using QuickGO because of this (and other usability issues)
PRO gpi file
- Harold reports from the PRO meeting (week of October 21st) that PRO is now providing a production gpi file released every 3-4 months.
- PRO is also providing a 'development' file with more up-to-date additions to accommodate the needs of MODs that use PRO for their curation and want to include PRO ids in their respective gpi files.
- We need to establish an SOP for id/accession dataflow between PRO and GO annotation groups.
- We don't want duplicate ids in gpi files from PRO, MODs, and UniProt.
- How do we make annotations that curators make with PRO ids available?
- Note that there is a more general issue wrt allowed entity identifiers as primary annotation objects, With/From entries, and annotation extensions.
- We need to deal with this issue, too, since it is creating problems downstream for consuming groups and may have implications for what we put into NEO.
GO Out-of-Office Calendar
Pascale: I’ve added people in the managers team in my ‘GO people away’ Google calendar. Let me know if you haven’t received the invite or if you want another email address to be associated.