Manager Call 2020-03-25
- Agenda: Huaiyu
- Minutes: Suzi
- Present: Chris, Judy, Huaiyu, Kimberly, David H, Seth, Laurent-Philippe, Pascale, Paul T, Suzi
Community curation with post-docs/grad students
While they cannot work in the lab, could we get students/post docs to do GO curation ?
- Need a solution with as little training as possible, little effort from GO
- SGD's "author response"= quick summary form (https://www.yeastgenome.org/submitData), accessible by curators on another site
- Canto- heavier than SGD
- Google form- lighter than SGD's setup
- Targeted audience- viral focus?
- GO CAMs on pre-pubs
- Partnerships- may be easier for novices to enter through something like Pathways (https://www.yeastgenome.org/submitData), getting user to think about how to create this model, or if they've published schematics that can transfer to GO-CAMs
Alliance seem to need our release to be on time. Anyone knows how often/when we should release?
- Urgent need now
- Expect GO release today
- GO needs to look at ways to prevent bad data in upstreams
- There is a statistic (not yet turned on) that will pick up changes in qualifier counts
GO virtual meeting Paris
(Pascale proposal:) Chris had suggested we do some virtual trainings- why dont we get that started now so we get some experience prior to the users meeting ?
- New wiki pages and eventbrite registrations - ready to announce again for registration, especially user meeting
- New eventbrite registration is available
What can/should GO be doing, not just in terms of virus annotation, but wrt helping direct energy towards curation efforts, e.g. from graduate students who can't go into their labs?
- mockup page: http://www.geneontology.xyz/covid-19.html
- Waiting for UniProt IDs to be integrated into Noctua
- Are about small number of papers
Mockup for COVID-19 page: LP is contact, will email Managers list
- Would like to see EA link on COVID-19 page
- Be careful of nomenclature
- Immune or host Slim may be more appropriate? Alliance is general, good for Human
MGI and WB Imports
- Alex will work on preparing a test GPAD file with annotation history for WB - hopes to have it on the GOA ftp site some time next week
- Have a periodic follow-up call to review progress?
- Sidenote: interest from XenBase, want to get Noctua annotations into AmiGO. Can we just fast track these through (directly load, not go back through XenBase)? No legacy history attached. https://github.com/geneontology/go-site/issues/1434.
- Malcolm already attends Judy's meeting, TO-DO: invite him (and/or xenbase reps) to GO-annotation calls. Need to make sure XB maintains own annotations, is in line with GO SOPs.
Pathway Genome Databases and the Alliance
See Chris' email
- Explore bringing in other existing curated pathways in a similar way that we did for Reactome
- Follow-up to Alliance call with Peter K. two weeks ago?
- Val's matrix paper is available as a draft
- Authors have reviewed and made comments
- Do the GO PIs (besides Chris who is last author) also need to read?