Difference between revisions of "Manager Call 2020-08-12"
(Created page with "=Agenda= * Agenda: David * Minutes: * Present: ==GO Baltimore== Basic page created with google doc to start filling agenda: http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/October_...")
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
Revision as of 23:16, 11 August 2020
- Agenda: David
Long term release for GO and Panther ?
Huaiyu got feedback from users they would want to be able to reproduce their results either for double checking or for an article review. To some extent, for some users/usages it's possible GO is evolving too fast. This is linked to our discussions with Versioned Enrichment and there are multiple ways to solve it, eg:
- have a long term release (LTR, frequent in software dev) updated maybe only every 6 or 12 months. This would be in parallel of the monthly release so a user could access both but the LTR would be more stable for citation/reproducibility over longer period of time
- always keep online the last 2-3 versions of the release, so a user could refer to it (not the most cost efficient but easy to achieve)
- have a system to automatically spin up any version of GO + Panther on demand. Possible, could be cost efficient (eg accumulate batch over the day and launch them over a time over a small period of time), but would require some devs
Basic page created with google doc to start filling agenda: http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/October_2020_Remote_GOC_Meeting_Logistics
User meeting, 3 half days
From last meeting, users preference were:
- enrichment analysis
- data access and integration
- hands-on, jupyter notebooks
If it is up to a general audience, then we can customize it however we want. What do we want to communicate to a broader audience? Laurent-Philippe will contact Michelle.
- Proposal to have a GO-CAM curation jamboree sometime this fall
- How critical will it be to have Noctua on a more secure production footing by this time?
Not sure yet before or after GO meeting. Possible concern with the fire season.
Name: GO-CAMboree ?
There have been a few meetings about GPI content since last week
Moving groups to Noctua (#3)
Kimberly has a GPAD file with full history and looking into loading this David/Lori have posted the mgi GPI 2.0 file on our test site for the GOC group to pick up.
Specs here to discuss: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iaqE1xEhvgT0OxfF8YUN36Gii962mQQ-ouTlP8OppGM/edit#heading=h.gx5r3bwu5gee Converging on something stable with general approval
GO pipeline solidified / Infrastructure / DevOps (#4)
Discussion on taxon constraints ? Anything else to report ?
Jim has created a plugin for Protege that allows editors to see the inferred taxon constraints.