Difference between revisions of "Managers 08Oct08"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m
 
(8 intermediate revisions by one other user not shown)
Line 1: Line 1:
 +
[[Category:GO_Managers_Meetings]]
 
GO Managers, Weds. October 8th, 2008 8 a.m. PDT, 9 a.m. MDT, 10 a.m. CDT, 11 a.m. EDT, 4p.m. BST<br>
 
GO Managers, Weds. October 8th, 2008 8 a.m. PDT, 9 a.m. MDT, 10 a.m. CDT, 11 a.m. EDT, 4p.m. BST<br>
  
Line 5: Line 6:
  
 
Participants:
 
Participants:
 +
* Pascale
 +
* Chris
 +
* Jen
 +
* Michael
 +
* Suzi
  
 
==Action items from September 24th==
 
==Action items from September 24th==
  
'''Chris''' and '''Jane''' to add agenda items for software and advocacy.  <br>
+
'''Chris''' and '''Jane''' to add agenda items for software and advocacy.  NOT DONE <br>
'''Judy''' and '''Suzi''' to think about who will take minutes at the next meeting. <br>  
+
'''Judy''' and '''Suzi''' to think about who will take minutes at the next meeting. NOT DONE <br>  
 
'''Suzi''': A mail on these UniProt ids was sent today by Henning to the reactome list. Suzi to forward to managers’ list. (Note: she wrote to say that this had been done, but the email did not arrive. Please send again.)<br>
 
'''Suzi''': A mail on these UniProt ids was sent today by Henning to the reactome list. Suzi to forward to managers’ list. (Note: she wrote to say that this had been done, but the email did not arrive. Please send again.)<br>
'''Pascale''': This new annotation column topic needs to be discussed with the annotation groups. <br>  
+
'''Pascale''': This new annotation column topic needs to be discussed with the annotation groups. TO DO NEXT WEEK AT THE REF GENOME CONFERENCE CALL <br>  
'''Suzi''' to produce a clearer list of use cases for function-process links, to be presented at the consortium meeting. <br>  
+
'''Suzi''' to produce a clearer list of use cases for function-process links, to be presented at the consortium meeting. NOT DONE<br>  
'''Jennifer''': to change the photosynthesis discussion over to this list and inform the GO list. <br>  
+
'''Jennifer''': to change the photosynthesis discussion over to this list and inform the GO list. NOT DONE<br>  
'''Jane''' Send rough numbers on cost of Berlin GO Consortium meeting.  
+
'''Jane''' Send rough numbers on cost of Berlin GO Consortium meeting. NOT DONE
 +
 
 +
==Discussion items==
 +
 
  
  
==Discussion items==
+
=== Review Consortium meeting and SAB agendas. ===
 +
* [[20th_GO_Consortium_Meeting]]
 +
* [[Oct_2008_SAB_Meeting]]
  
* Review Consortium meeting agenda.
+
===Other issues===
 +
(we did not have time to discuss this; report to GOC meeting or next manager meeting)
  
* Pascale: 'Outreach' SwissProt
+
* Pascale: 'Outreach'SwissProt will start using GO for annotation. Pascale spent 3 days in Geneva describing GO, annotation practices, etc. Emily has offered to train annotatorsd in early 2009. We will keep in touch with them.
 
* Pascale : Reference Genome: annotation jamboree Friday Oct 10
 
* Pascale : Reference Genome: annotation jamboree Friday Oct 10
 +
* Pascale: GO meeting
 +
** special event Oct 22: going out? yes
 +
** registration fee ~150$; logistics?? ask Annie
 +
* Pascale: Evidence ontology: can people decide to only annotate to EXP, ISS, IEA and drop all other codes?
  
 
[[GO_Managers_conference_call_minutes|Back to minutes list]]
 
[[GO_Managers_conference_call_minutes|Back to minutes list]]

Latest revision as of 08:23, 30 June 2014

GO Managers, Weds. October 8th, 2008 8 a.m. PDT, 9 a.m. MDT, 10 a.m. CDT, 11 a.m. EDT, 4p.m. BST

Agenda/chair: Jennifer
Minutes: Pascale

Participants:

  • Pascale
  • Chris
  • Jen
  • Michael
  • Suzi

Action items from September 24th

Chris and Jane to add agenda items for software and advocacy. NOT DONE
Judy and Suzi to think about who will take minutes at the next meeting. NOT DONE
Suzi: A mail on these UniProt ids was sent today by Henning to the reactome list. Suzi to forward to managers’ list. (Note: she wrote to say that this had been done, but the email did not arrive. Please send again.)
Pascale: This new annotation column topic needs to be discussed with the annotation groups. TO DO NEXT WEEK AT THE REF GENOME CONFERENCE CALL
Suzi to produce a clearer list of use cases for function-process links, to be presented at the consortium meeting. NOT DONE
Jennifer: to change the photosynthesis discussion over to this list and inform the GO list. NOT DONE
Jane Send rough numbers on cost of Berlin GO Consortium meeting. NOT DONE

Discussion items

Review Consortium meeting and SAB agendas.

Other issues

(we did not have time to discuss this; report to GOC meeting or next manager meeting)

  • Pascale: 'Outreach': SwissProt will start using GO for annotation. Pascale spent 3 days in Geneva describing GO, annotation practices, etc. Emily has offered to train annotatorsd in early 2009. We will keep in touch with them.
  • Pascale : Reference Genome: annotation jamboree Friday Oct 10
  • Pascale: GO meeting
    • special event Oct 22: going out? yes
    • registration fee ~150$; logistics?? ask Annie
  • Pascale: Evidence ontology: can people decide to only annotate to EXP, ISS, IEA and drop all other codes?

Back to minutes list