Difference between revisions of "Managers 16Jan08"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
m (New page: GO Managers, Weds. Jan. 16, 2008 8a.m. PST, 9a.m. MST, 10a.m. CST, 11a.m. EST, 4p.m. GMT Agenda/chair: Midori Minutes: Pascale Present: Midori, Pascale, Suzi, Judy, Michael == Review A...)
 
m
Line 9: Line 9:
  
 
== Review Action Items from previous meeting ==
 
== Review Action Items from previous meeting ==
1. Review Action Items from previous meeting
+
 
  a. Chris: Draft proposal for GO slim maintenance.
+
a. Chris: Draft proposal for GO slim maintenance.
  b. Pascale, Jim et al.: Continue discussing wiki-based annotation tool.
+
b. Pascale, Jim et al.: Continue discussing wiki-based annotation tool.
  c. Jen: Organize conf call on gohelp technology.
+
c. Jen: Organize conf call on gohelp technology.
  d. Pascale (and rest of annotators): Continue improving annotation SOPs.
+
d. Pascale (and rest of annotators): Continue improving annotation SOPs.
  e. Judy: Contact sea urchin db about doing GO annotation.
+
e. Judy: Contact sea urchin db about doing GO annotation.
  f. Software group and annotators: Test various methods of accepting user submissions for annotation; converge on best solution, and seek journal buy-in.
+
f. Software group and annotators: Test various methods of accepting user submissions for annotation; converge on best solution, and seek journal buy-in.
  g. Tanya and managers: Schedule Webex/call for Tanya to present her annotation-acquisition talk.
+
g. Tanya and managers: Schedule Webex/call for Tanya to present her annotation-acquisition talk.
  h. Midori: Follow up on fungal terms with Val and Maria for sensu work.
+
h. Midori: Follow up on fungal terms with Val and Maria for sensu work.
 
     DONE
 
     DONE
  
2. Individual Manager reports
+
== Individual Manager reports ==
  a. Ontology Development
+
a. Ontology Development
     Regulation: many relationship fixes; ready to deploy 'regulates' relationship; draft announcement email on wiki:
+
     * Regulation: many relationship fixes; ready to deploy 'regulates' relationship; draft announcement email on wiki:
 
     http://gocwiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Meeting_Minutes_3:Stanford
 
     http://gocwiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Meeting_Minutes_3:Stanford
  b. Outreach
+
b. Outreach
  c. Software
+
c. Software
  d. Reference Genomes
+
d. Reference Genomes
  f. User Advocacy
+
f. User Advocacy
  
3. Meetings
+
==  Meetings ==
  
4. Collaborations and Interactions, active and new
+
==  Collaborations and Interactions, active and new ==
  a. Report from Larry Hunter on Jan 11th meeting re NLP & ontology QA
+
a. Report from Larry Hunter on Jan 11th meeting re NLP & ontology QA
  
5. Operations and Procedures
+
==  Operations and Procedures ==
  
6. Staffing and Personnel
+
==  Staffing and Personnel==
  
7. Budget issues
+
==  Budget issues ==
  
8. Publications
+
==  Publications ==
  
9. Other Current Topics and Concerns
+
==  Other Current Topics and Concerns ==
  
  
 
[[GO_Managers_conference_call_minutes|Back to minutes list]]
 
[[GO_Managers_conference_call_minutes|Back to minutes list]]

Revision as of 09:02, 16 January 2008

GO Managers, Weds. Jan. 16, 2008 8a.m. PST, 9a.m. MST, 10a.m. CST, 11a.m. EST, 4p.m. GMT

Agenda/chair: Midori

Minutes: Pascale

Present: Midori, Pascale, Suzi, Judy, Michael

Review Action Items from previous meeting

a. Chris: Draft proposal for GO slim maintenance. b. Pascale, Jim et al.: Continue discussing wiki-based annotation tool. c. Jen: Organize conf call on gohelp technology. d. Pascale (and rest of annotators): Continue improving annotation SOPs. e. Judy: Contact sea urchin db about doing GO annotation. f. Software group and annotators: Test various methods of accepting user submissions for annotation; converge on best solution, and seek journal buy-in. g. Tanya and managers: Schedule Webex/call for Tanya to present her annotation-acquisition talk. h. Midori: Follow up on fungal terms with Val and Maria for sensu work.

   DONE

Individual Manager reports

a. Ontology Development

   * Regulation: many relationship fixes; ready to deploy 'regulates' relationship; draft announcement email on wiki:
   http://gocwiki.geneontology.org/index.php/Meeting_Minutes_3:Stanford

b. Outreach c. Software d. Reference Genomes f. User Advocacy

Meetings

Collaborations and Interactions, active and new

a. Report from Larry Hunter on Jan 11th meeting re NLP & ontology QA

Operations and Procedures

Staffing and Personnel

Budget issues

Publications

Other Current Topics and Concerns

Back to minutes list