Difference between revisions of "OEWG 20090625"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Discussion items)
(Minutes)
Line 24: Line 24:
 
** DS: But aren't they visible already?  I have non-trans relations in fly anatomy and they are visible in OTE.
 
** DS: But aren't they visible already?  I have non-trans relations in fly anatomy and they are visible in OTE.
 
** Chris: Think the problem is only seen if you have a term that only has non-transitive link(s) to parents.
 
** Chris: Think the problem is only seen if you have a term that only has non-transitive link(s) to parents.
 +
  
 
* Amina: Items discussed during the webex session with Taniya and DavidH on wednesday morning.
 
* Amina: Items discussed during the webex session with Taniya and DavidH on wednesday morning.
Line 29: Line 30:
 
*** Possible problem with assignement of wrong namespace during editing. OE2 is meant to automatically assign new terms namespace of their parent. David H thinks this sometimes fails.
 
*** Possible problem with assignement of wrong namespace during editing. OE2 is meant to automatically assign new terms namespace of their parent. David H thinks this sometimes fails.
 
**** Feature request: Optional Verification check to check if is_a child has same namespace as parent.
 
**** Feature request: Optional Verification check to check if is_a child has same namespace as parent.
 +
** Discussion of how this related to disjunction GO root nodes
 +
*** AI: Check if it now possible to make root terms disjoint without screwing up display in OTE?
 
** Tanya feature request: NSBP check (MFBP check???) [DOS: not clear to me what this refers to - perhaps someone can fill in the details?]
 
** Tanya feature request: NSBP check (MFBP check???) [DOS: not clear to me what this refers to - perhaps someone can fill in the details?]
 
*** Updates to user dictionary still broken
 
*** Updates to user dictionary still broken
Line 34: Line 37:
 
**** Jen reports additional (perhaps windows specific?) problem of verification manager failing to read any dictionaries from her config folder.
 
**** Jen reports additional (perhaps windows specific?) problem of verification manager failing to read any dictionaries from her config folder.
  
* Miscellaneous issues discussed:
 
** AI: Check if it now possible to make root terms disjoint without screwing up display in OTE?
 
  
 
* Update to Java version 6/1.6 from version 5/1.5. Amina to demo/walk all users through this, if required.
 
* Update to Java version 6/1.6 from version 5/1.5. Amina to demo/walk all users through this, if required.
 
** For mac users - open java preferences and drag Java 6 to top of list (note If you have the latest mac system update, java6 (AKA 1.6) should be installed.  This is easy to reverse if causes problems for other software.
 
** For mac users - open java preferences and drag Java 6 to top of list (note If you have the latest mac system update, java6 (AKA 1.6) should be installed.  This is easy to reverse if causes problems for other software.
 +
  
 
* Last discussion item - tentative meeting schedule
 
* Last discussion item - tentative meeting schedule
 
** http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/OBO-Edit_Working_Group_weekly_meeting_minutes/agenda_rota
 
** http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/OBO-Edit_Working_Group_weekly_meeting_minutes/agenda_rota
 
** Doodle poll results: http://www.doodle.com/6tdzhy9av57yf98b <br>
 
** Doodle poll results: http://www.doodle.com/6tdzhy9av57yf98b <br>
 
 
* Harold:Perhaps alternating with a bi-weekly schedule?   
 
* Harold:Perhaps alternating with a bi-weekly schedule?   
 
* Chris prefers alternating on a weekly basis.   
 
* Chris prefers alternating on a weekly basis.   
* Amina & Chris - We need to be able to fit Jane into at least some
+
* Amina & Chris - We need to be able to fit Jane into at least some meeting.  She has a lot of bugs she wants fixing
meeting.  She has a lot of bugs she wants fixing
 
 
* Decision: Next week meet Thursday again and then decide.
 
* Decision: Next week meet Thursday again and then decide.
  
  
 
* Demo by Jen: Tag filtering.
 
* Demo by Jen: Tag filtering.
 +
* Midori:  Please could you remove id from the list of choice?
 +
*** General agreement to this.
 +
** Feature request: save implied links [for presentation/save all] is confusing - can we get rid of the dialogue box altogether and have the 'for presentation' behavior be the default.
 +
*** Seems to be general aggreement with this suggestions
 +
*** AI: Amina - find out what does realize implied links do?  If we don't need it delete
  
- Jen demo
 
 
Feature request: save implied links [for presentation/save all] is
 
confusing - can we get rid of the dialogue box altogether and have the
 
'for presentation' behavior be the default.
 
 
AI: Amina - find out what does realize implied links do?  If we don't need it delete
 
 
Harold : Can we make the icons at the top of the windows be larger.
 
Some people find them way too small.
 
-  Amina - trade off - could cauase problems for screen real estate
 
-  Jen - Perhaps we should make it configurable
 
 
Harold: Also, can we have it set so that detached windows don't always stay on top?
 
  
 +
* Harold's interface issues
 +
** 1. Can we make the icons at the top of the windows be larger? Some people find them way too small.
 +
*** Amina - trade off - could cause problems for screen real estate
 +
*** Jen - Perhaps we should make it configurable
 +
*** General agreement to configurable option for this?
 +
** Can we have change the windowing setup so that detached windows don't always stay on top?
  
Discussion of graph viewing and graph editor:
 
  
- Jen has had problems showing all ancestors to root with graph editor-
+
* Discussion of graph viewing and graph editor:
needs to investigate further to write bug report.
+
- Graph viewer - still buggy. Doesn't work with RBR, needs LBL to give
+
** Jen has had problems showing all ancestors to root with graph editor- needs to investigate further to write bug report.
  complete path to root.
+
** Graph viewer - still buggy. Doesn't work with RBR, needs LBL to display complete path to root.
  
 
==Action Items==
 
==Action Items==

Revision as of 05:06, 26 June 2009

OBO-Edit Working Group Meeting, Thursday June 25th, 2009 8.30 a.m. PST

Conference call details:
US: 1-888-727-6732
Outside US: 1-719-867-3417
pin: 601425

Agenda/Chair: Midori
Minutes: DavidOS
Attendees:

Action items carried over

Minutes

Present: Amina, Chris, Harold, Melissa, Jen, Midori, David OS [Hope I didn't miss anyone!]

  • Update from Amina about what she's working on:
    • 1. Fixing assert implied links
    • 2. Ability to switch of incremental reasoning.
      • Think this is now working, but need to get Chris to check that the fix is safe.
    • 3. Making make viewing transitive relations configurable in the tree editor as they are now filtered out.
    • DS: But aren't they visible already? I have non-trans relations in fly anatomy and they are visible in OTE.
    • Chris: Think the problem is only seen if you have a term that only has non-transitive link(s) to parents.


  • Amina: Items discussed during the webex session with Taniya and DavidH on wednesday morning.
    • Apparently lots of complaints - including:
      • Possible problem with assignement of wrong namespace during editing. OE2 is meant to automatically assign new terms namespace of their parent. David H thinks this sometimes fails.
        • Feature request: Optional Verification check to check if is_a child has same namespace as parent.
    • Discussion of how this related to disjunction GO root nodes
      • AI: Check if it now possible to make root terms disjoint without screwing up display in OTE?
    • Tanya feature request: NSBP check (MFBP check???) [DOS: not clear to me what this refers to - perhaps someone can fill in the details?]
      • Updates to user dictionary still broken
        • Amina thinks this is fixed in 2.1
        • Jen reports additional (perhaps windows specific?) problem of verification manager failing to read any dictionaries from her config folder.


  • Update to Java version 6/1.6 from version 5/1.5. Amina to demo/walk all users through this, if required.
    • For mac users - open java preferences and drag Java 6 to top of list (note If you have the latest mac system update, java6 (AKA 1.6) should be installed. This is easy to reverse if causes problems for other software.



  • Demo by Jen: Tag filtering.
  • Midori: Please could you remove id from the list of choice?
      • General agreement to this.
    • Feature request: save implied links [for presentation/save all] is confusing - can we get rid of the dialogue box altogether and have the 'for presentation' behavior be the default.
      • Seems to be general aggreement with this suggestions
      • AI: Amina - find out what does realize implied links do? If we don't need it delete


  • Harold's interface issues
    • 1. Can we make the icons at the top of the windows be larger? Some people find them way too small.
      • Amina - trade off - could cause problems for screen real estate
      • Jen - Perhaps we should make it configurable
      • General agreement to configurable option for this?
    • Can we have change the windowing setup so that detached windows don't always stay on top?


  • Discussion of graph viewing and graph editor:
    • Jen has had problems showing all ancestors to root with graph editor- needs to investigate further to write bug report.
    • Graph viewer - still buggy. Doesn't work with RBR, needs LBL to display complete path to root.

Action Items

Links

Back to OEWG Meeting agenda and minutes List