Difference between revisions of "October 2008 Meeting Logistics"
(→Attendees: made table sortable)
|Line 480:||Line 480:|
|Oct 20, 6:00 PM AA
|Oct 20, 6:00 PM AA
|Oct 22, 6:35 PM AA
|Oct 22, 6:35 PM AA
Revision as of 12:44, 16 October 2008
- GO consortium meeting will be held on October 21-22, 2008 (Tues-Wed)
- SAB meeting will be held on October 23, 2008 (Thurs)
Mont Gabriel, 45 miles north of Montreal.
- Reserve your room by calling the hotel at 1-800-668-5253; ask for "reservations" and identify yourself as part of the Northwestern University group.
Sorry, no online registration.
- If you participate in both the GO meeting and the SAB, you should check in on the 20th (Monday) and leave on the 24th, as we are planning full days meetings.
- You will need to pay a 50$ deposit by credit card at the time of reservation.
- PLEASE REGISTER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 12, 2008
- There is a choice between three kinds of rooms (depending on availability) Tyrol ("Superior" room with balcony), Rustique (log cabin-style) (there are only about 8 rooms available of this type), and Marquise (smaller rooms). All rooms are the same price.
Cost for Hotel and meals
- The cost per day is CAN $208.00 (~208$ USD), including dinner, accommodation, breakfast and lunch (which includes taxes and service). If you plan to miss a meal, the price will be adjusted accordingly ($17 for breakfast, $22 for lunch, $43 dinner).
- If you want to share a room (two double or queen beds); in that case the price for the room is the same, $126, so that's $63 per person.
- There is a $125 registration fee US; $150 Canadian) to cover coffee breaks, Wednesday's dinner and supplies. This can be paid by cash or check to Northwestern University.
Wireless internet will be available in the conference room and in the rooms.
- Bien sur, the menu is French-inspired, which means quite a bit of meat. However, there will always be fish and vegetarian options. Fill in the table below or contact me if you have special requirements.
- Fly to Montreal-Trudeau Airport (YUL). This airport used to be called Dorval, you may still see that sometimes (for example, on Google maps...).
- The hotel offers a shuttle from the Montreal Trudeau Airport for up to 10 people; about 30$ per person.
- A taxi would be about 100$ (Get a cab at the airport; cabs take credit cards Visa, Master Card, Amex)
- You can also rent a car from the airport. YUL-Gabriel Driving instructions.
Tennis and golf should be open; I am not sure about the pool. It's possible to go jogging on the golf course just outside the hotel.
If you want to explore Montreal
- Montreal links : http://www.montreal.com/tourism/general.html, http://www.discovermontreal.ca/, http://www.go-montreal.com/
- Cycling in and around the city: http://english.montrealplus.ca/feature/crazy_for_cycling/8536/trails.jsp
- I quite enjoy this one: http://english.montrealplus.ca/feature/crazy_for_cycling/8536/trails_lachine_canal.jsp
- In October the Montreal Botanical Garden will have their annual 'THE MAGIC OF LANTERNS' event at Chinese gardens http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jardin/en/chine/programme.htm
- You can combine the visit to the Botanical Garden with the Biodome  and the Insectarium . The three museums part of the same complex and you can get combined tickets 
- On a warm evening the Old Port   is really nice.
In the Laurentians
- The Laurentians: http://www.laurentians.com/
- Cycling/walking Le P'tit Train du Nord: http://www.out-there.com/pt-train.htm or http://www.laurentians.com/parclineaire/
- Yoga (they have camps - $80/day- or you can take a ~1.5 h lesson for $10) http://sivananda.hdthost.com/website/Main.aspx?lang=en-CA
Please contact Pascale Gaudet if you have any questions: pgaudet -at- northwestern.edu
(please use the Arrival and Departure info columns if you would like to try a carpool to/from the airport)
|Name||T-shirt size||Attending GOC (Oct 21-22, 2008)||Attending SAB (Oct 23, 2008)||Food requirement (None, Veggie, Vegan)||Arrival Date/Time to Airport (YUL)||Departure Date/Time from Airport (YUL)|
|Amelia Ireland||medium||yes||perhaps||veggie||20 Oct 18:00||26 Oct 08:25|
|Chris Mungall||medium||yes||yes||veggie||20 Oct 20:10 United||24 Oct 08:40 United|
|Suzanna Lewis||large||yes||yes||yummy||Oct 20, 5:09PM, UA8185, LGA-Montreal||Oct 23, 7:55PM, UA8400, Montreal-LGA|
|Jennifer Deegan||medium||yes||yes||Oct 20, 1945 BA-95||Oct 26, 2045 BA-94|
|Jane Lomax||small||yes||yes (am only)||none||Oct 20, 425PM, NW8671, Montreal||Oct 23, 625PM, NW8672, Montreal|
|Kimberly Van Auken||medium||yes||yes||none||10/20 CO3013 2:07PM||10/24 CO3071 10:32AM|
|Alexander Diehl||x-large||yes||yes||none||Oct 21, 1031PM, US3162||(depart by car)|
|Mike Cherry||large||yes||yes||none||Oct 20, 8:10pm United||Oct 24, 8:40am United|
|Doug Howe||large||yes||no||none||Oct 20, 440PM United, Montreal||Oct 23, 240PM United, Montreal|
|Victoria Petri||medium||yes||no||none||Oct 20, 3:18 p.m. Northwest||Oct 23, 11:54 a.m. Northwest|
|Eurie Hong||medium||yes||yes||none||Oct 20, 8:10pm United||Oct 24, 8:40am United|
|Julie Park||medium||yes||yes||none||Oct 20, 8:10pm United||Oct 24, 8:40am United|
|Debby Siegele||medium||yes||none||Oct 20, 5:40 pm American Airlines||Oct 23, 8:00 am American Airlines|
|Brenley McIntosh||medium||yes||none||Oct 20, 5:40 pm American Airlines|
|Tanya Berardini||medium||yes||none||Thurs, Oct 23, 1:30 pm departure|
|Kara Dolinski||medium||yes||no||none||Mon, Oct 20, 4:50PM, Continental||Wed, Oct 22, 5:30PM departure|
|Donghui Li||medium||yes||none||Oct 20, 8:10pm United||Oct 25, 8:40am, leaving from Montreal|
|Stan Laulederkind||XL||yes||no||none||Oct 20, 3:18 p.m. Northwest||Oct 23, 11:54 a.m. Northwest|
|Edith Wong||medium||yes||yes||none||Oct 20, 8:10pm United||Oct 24, 8:40am United|
|Amina Abdulla||small||yes||no||none||20th Oct, 8.10pm||23rd Oct, 11.55am|
|Seth Carbon||large||yes||no||none||20th Oct, 8.10pm||24 Oct, from Montreal|
|Candace Collmer||medium||yes||no||none||20 Oct 17:15 US Airways||23 Oct 13:30 US Airways|
|Michelle Gwinn Giglio||medium||yes||no||none||Oct. 20 6:28 PM United||Oct. 23 2:23 PM United|
|Ingrid Keseler||medium||yes||no||none||Oct. 20 6:35 PM Continental|
|Emily Dimmer||Medium||yes||yes||Oct 20, 1945 BA-95||Oct 26, 2045 BA-94|
|Dan Barrell||Large||yes||no||none||Oct 20, 1945 BA-95||Oct 26, 2045 BA-94|
|Petra Fey||Small||yes||no||veggie||Oct 20, 6:00 PM AA 4432 ORD->YUL||Oct 22, 6:35 PM AA|
|Scott Durkin||XXL||yes||no||none||Oct. 20 6:28 PM United||Oct. 23 6:00 AM United|
|Ramana Madupu||medium||yes||no||veggie||Oct. 20 6:28 PM United||Oct. 23 6:00 AM Air Canada|
|Paul Thomas||medium||yes||yes||none||Oct 20, 8:10pm United||Oct 24, 8:40am United|