October 2008 Meeting Logistics
- GO consortium meeting will be held on October 21-22, 2008 (Tues-Wed)
- SAB meeting will be held on October 23, 2008 (Thurs)
Mont Gabriel, 45 miles north of Montreal.
- Reserve your room by calling the hotel at 1-800-668-5253; ask for "reservations" and identify yourself as part of the Northwestern University group.
Sorry, no online registration.
- If you participate in both the GO meeting and the SAB, you should check in on the 20th (Monday) and leave on the 24th, as we are planning full days meetings.
- You will need to pay a 50$ deposit by credit card at the time of reservation.
- PLEASE REGISTER BEFORE SEPTEMBER 12, 2008
- There is a choice between three kinds of rooms (depending on availability) Tyrol ("Superior" room with balcony), Rustique (log cabin-style) (there are only about 8 rooms available of this type), and Marquise (smaller rooms). All rooms are the same price.
- The cost per day is CAN $208.00 (~208$ USD), including dinner, accommodation, breakfast and lunch (which includes taxes and service). If you plan to miss a meal, the price will be adjusted accordingly ($17 for breakfast, $22 for lunch, $43 dinner).
- If you want to share a room (two double or queen beds); in that case the price for the room is the same, $126, so that's $63 per person.
- We will need to charge a small fee (10-15$ per day) for coffee breaks but this needs to be done separately.
Wireless internet will be available in the conference room and in the rooms.
- Bien sur, the menu is French-inspired, which means quite a bit of meat. However, there will always be fish and vegetarian options. Fill in the table below or contact me if you have special requirements.
- Fly to Montreal-Trudeau Airport (YUL). This airport used to be called Dorval, you may still see that sometimes (for example, on Google maps...).
- The hotel offers a shuttle from the Montreal Trudeau Airport for up to 6 people for a flat rate of $140.
- A taxi would be about 100$ (Taxis des Pays-d'en-Haut, 450-227-3000; I suggest you call in advance).
- You can also rent a car from the airport. YUL-Gabriel Driving instructions.
Tennis and golf should be open; I am not sure about the pool. It's possible to go jogging on the golf course just outside the hotel.
If you want to explore Montreal
- Montreal links : http://www.montreal.com/tourism/general.html, http://www.discovermontreal.ca/, http://www.go-montreal.com/
- Cycling in and around the city: http://english.montrealplus.ca/feature/crazy_for_cycling/8536/trails.jsp
- I quite enjoy this one: http://english.montrealplus.ca/feature/crazy_for_cycling/8536/trails_lachine_canal.jsp
- In October the Montreal Botanical Garden will have their annual 'THE MAGIC OF LANTERNS' event at Chinese gardens http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/jardin/en/chine/programme.htm
- You can combine the visit to the Botanical Garden with the Biodome  and the Insectarium . The three museums part of the same complex and you can get combined tickets 
- On a warm evening the Old Port   is really nice.
In the Laurentians
- The Laurentians: http://www.laurentians.com/
- Cycling/walking Le P'tit Train du Nord: http://www.out-there.com/pt-train.htm or http://www.laurentians.com/parclineaire/
- Yoga (they have camps - $80/day- or you can take a ~1.5 h lesson for $10) http://sivananda.hdthost.com/website/Main.aspx?lang=en-CA
Please contact Pascale Gaudet if you have any questions: pgaudet -at- northwestern.edu
|Name||Attending GOC (Oct 21-22, 2008)||Attending SAB (Oct 23, 2008)||Food requirement (None, Veggie, Vegan)|
|Kimberly Van Auken||yes||yes|