Difference between revisions of "Ontology meeting 2016-12-01"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(PI discussion of next months' EBI-GO work plan)
(PI discussion of next months' EBI-GO work plan)
Line 10: Line 10:
 
End of subcontract with EBI  of February 2017 - influences work of  EBI-GO (DOS, Paola, Melanie) team.  Helen has proposed that EBI-GO will step off the GO rotas (GH, TG, Helpdesk) starting December 12th to allow wrap-up of existing tickets concomitantly with other tasks.  David Hill  (as Ontology Lead ) and GO PIs will discuss further with Helen.
 
End of subcontract with EBI  of February 2017 - influences work of  EBI-GO (DOS, Paola, Melanie) team.  Helen has proposed that EBI-GO will step off the GO rotas (GH, TG, Helpdesk) starting December 12th to allow wrap-up of existing tickets concomitantly with other tasks.  David Hill  (as Ontology Lead ) and GO PIs will discuss further with Helen.
  
Others interested in training and joining Ontology Dev team - training being planned.
+
Others funded by GOC are  interested in training and joining Ontology Dev team - training being planned.
  
 
Note that TAIR's subcontract also ends at the end of Feb. 2017.
 
Note that TAIR's subcontract also ends at the end of Feb. 2017.

Revision as of 10:23, 30 November 2016

Attendees:

Regrets:


GoToMeeting invite: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/859015101

PI discussion of next months' EBI-GO work plan

End of subcontract with EBI of February 2017 - influences work of EBI-GO (DOS, Paola, Melanie) team. Helen has proposed that EBI-GO will step off the GO rotas (GH, TG, Helpdesk) starting December 12th to allow wrap-up of existing tickets concomitantly with other tasks. David Hill (as Ontology Lead ) and GO PIs will discuss further with Helen.

Others funded by GOC are interested in training and joining Ontology Dev team - training being planned.

Note that TAIR's subcontract also ends at the end of Feb. 2017.

Tickets for discussion at this meeting:

See https://github.com/geneontology/go-ontology/projects/1, column labeled "Ontology Call December 1, 2016" on the right

  1. Add check for identical definitions in ontology file?
  2. Review MF term GO:0050827 'toxin receptor binding'
  3. Ghost relations in the obo-file
  4. Discussion of 'positive regulation' and 'maintenance'
  5. MP: (recently removed ) parentage in amino acid metabolism
  6. Merge directly_activates/inhibits relations into directly_positively/negatively_regulates.