Difference between revisions of "RefG Princeton April 12-13 2010"

From GO Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Other discussion items=)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
*'''ACTION ITEM''': We should all look at those 12 families before Monday!
 
*'''ACTION ITEM''': We should all look at those 12 families before Monday!
 
   
 
   
=Agenda/room availability=
+
=Agenda/location=
 +
 
 
Monday 4/12:  
 
Monday 4/12:  
  
 
Rm 280 10am-1pm.  
 
Rm 280 10am-1pm.  
 +
 +
'''Review protein families'''.
 +
While reviewing protein families, we can generate a list of '''propagation rules'''.
 +
We can pick up lunch in our cafe, and work through lunch.
  
 
Rm 253 1pm-4pm.
 
Rm 253 1pm-4pm.
 +
 +
Continue to review protein families.
 +
Refine the list of '''propagation rules''' after a day's worth of reviewing families.
  
 
Tuesday 4/13:
 
Tuesday 4/13:
  
 
Rm 253 10am-11am  
 
Rm 253 10am-11am  
 +
 +
'''GO annotation camp discussion'''.
  
 
Rm 280 11am-1pm  
 
Rm 280 11am-1pm  
 +
 +
Working lunch to go over '''misc. discussion items''':
 +
 +
* (Pascale): Should we remove GO:0005515 (protein binding) form the list of terms we see in PAINT?
 +
* (Mike): Is the PANTHER to P-POD OrthMCL mapping currently working?
 +
* (Mike): Should we fix the dates in the new GAF files to reflect when the annotations were actually made?
 +
* (Mike): Could we re-generate the statistics from the GAF files using a script (rather than manually)?
 +
* (Kara): Can we leverage the annotation reporter to generate the monthly lists in an easier way?
  
 
Rm 253 1pm-4pm
 
Rm 253 1pm-4pm
  
=Discuss propagation rules=
+
Annotation tracker: Sven, CJM, Seth
* also discuss what we will present at GO annotation camp
 
 
=Annotation tracker=
 
  
=Paper=
+
Paper
  
 
* Title: ???
 
* Title: ???
Line 37: Line 52:
 
* References, Figure Legends, Tables: as they fall out from the above.
 
* References, Figure Legends, Tables: as they fall out from the above.
 
----
 
----
=Other discussion items=
 
* (Pascale): Should we remove GO:0005515 (protein binding) form the list of terms we see in PAINT?
 
* (Mike): Is the PANTHER to P-POD OrthMCL mapping currently working?
 
* (Mike): Should we fix the dates in the new GAF files to reflect when the annotations were actually made?
 
* (Mike): Could we re-generate the statistics from the GAF files using a script (rather than manually)?
 
* (Kara): Can we leverage the annotation reporter to generate the monthly lists in an easier way?
 

Revision as of 12:46, 9 April 2010

Review 12 families

http://wiki.geneontology.org/index.php/GAFs_for_trees-based_annotations

  • ACTION ITEM: We should all look at those 12 families before Monday!

Agenda/location

Monday 4/12:

Rm 280 10am-1pm.

Review protein families. While reviewing protein families, we can generate a list of propagation rules. We can pick up lunch in our cafe, and work through lunch.

Rm 253 1pm-4pm.

Continue to review protein families. Refine the list of propagation rules after a day's worth of reviewing families.

Tuesday 4/13:

Rm 253 10am-11am

GO annotation camp discussion.

Rm 280 11am-1pm

Working lunch to go over misc. discussion items:

  • (Pascale): Should we remove GO:0005515 (protein binding) form the list of terms we see in PAINT?
  • (Mike): Is the PANTHER to P-POD OrthMCL mapping currently working?
  • (Mike): Should we fix the dates in the new GAF files to reflect when the annotations were actually made?
  • (Mike): Could we re-generate the statistics from the GAF files using a script (rather than manually)?
  • (Kara): Can we leverage the annotation reporter to generate the monthly lists in an easier way?

Rm 253 1pm-4pm

Annotation tracker: Sven, CJM, Seth

Paper

  • Title: ???
  • Authors: as on this mailing list, and possibly adding CJM, Seth, and Sven if we add a section on the DB and the other GO-top PIs
  • Affiliations: obviously
  • Abstract: Paul?
  • Author Summary: I'll take a crack at this
  • Introduction: Pascale&Paul
  • Results: as below, with possible addition of DB section and web interface, although this could be a different paper. Ed and I can write #1, Paul&Mike for #2?
  • Discussion: #3 (Mike & Kara)
  • Materials and Methods: cut and dry, write at the end
  • Acknowledgments: all the curators at the MODs, the grant...
  • References, Figure Legends, Tables: as they fall out from the above.