RefGenProgress 2009-05 (Archived)
From GO Wiki
- May annotation call was canceled: we are still providing lists of 20 genes per month to annotate and are waiting on the PAINT tool to be available
- PAINT update: It is now possible to output lists of sequence identifiers from any node. This will allow us to select gene lists based on Panther families rather than PPOD families.
- PAINT software development update: Paul, Suzi, Chris, Pascale, and Mike has a conference call on May 21 to discuss future features to be implemented in PAINT. They are :
- The ability to select terms that are not on the list of annotations (ie, parent terms). Sometimes annotations are just more granular between different organisms but a parent term could be chosen. The software must absolutely allow that for us to be able to annotate.
- Add links to AmiGO or Quick GO or OBO edit to visualize the ontology easily.
- Clicking on a GO term should highlight, on the tree, all proteins (or collapsed nodes) in the clade
- Exporting annotations