Difference between revisions of "RefGenome8Jul08 Phone Conference (Archived)"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
* Susan flybase
* Susan flybase
* Judy MGI
* Judy MGI
Revision as of 10:07, 8 July 2008
Tuesday July 8, 2008, 1 PM CDT, 11 AM PDT, 7 PM BST
- Pascale dictyBase
- Kimberly wormbase
- Ranjana wormbase
- Kara ppod
- Mike SGD
- Tanya TAIR
- Donghui TAIR
- Emily GOA
- Petra dictybase
- Jim Hu
- Victoria RGD
- Susan flybase
- Judy MGI
- Stacia SGD
Review old/ongoing action items
- Seth: send URL sometime to the prototype of the ortholog tool this week (will do!)
- [Action item]: MGI: verify GRIN1 annotation binding/complex
- All (ongoing): Annotation Quality control: Please pick an ortholog set from the Curation Targets table 
see also Annotation_QC for some general documentation and previous issues
- All (ongoing): Annotation Quality control: Have a look at the SF items and see if the ortholog from your organism is correctly annotated ("comprehensive"). Let lead curator for that set know that you're done.
- All (ongoing): Develop annotation SOPs
There are some wiki pages about that on the ref genome main page's annotation section: Reference_Genome_Annotation_Project#Gene_Annotation
[Action item] : All : fill the old Google spreadsheets so that Mary can generate the ortho sets for making the graphs. [Action item]: Discuss use of binding/regulation terms (GOC meeting)
Our programmer is back from leave and will be rolling out several new features to the PPOD web interface as soon as tomorrow.
I need to check in with Paul to see where they are, and whether we should start a new OrthoMCL and Jaccard run from the gp2protein/fasta files that he has used for PANTHER analysis.
Source Forge QC discussion
- From TNNT2
- see also RefGenome11Mar08_Phone_Conference#2._TNNT2 March 2008 discussion; not sure of the resolution.
discussion; Susan : This raises the question of how best to handle paralogs. The 3 human genes TNNT1,2,3 cluster in InParanoid with a single fly troponin protein (encoded by up). up has the best InParanoid score with TNNT3 so this was what I declared as ortholog in the spreadsheet (pending the review of ortholog determination). However, this is probably misleading: from a tree (e.g. treefam) it is clear that the duplication in human occurred after the fly/human divergence. Is it better to enter in the fly gene multiple times in the spreadsheet for gene human paralog?
- (Pascale: Note that Kara's ortho MCL analysis puts 'up' with TNNT2)
Next conference call
Tuesday August 12, 2008, 10 AM CDT (8 AM PDT, 4 PM BST)
Return to Reference_Genome_Annotation_Project