RefGenome9Oct07 Phone Conference (Archived)

From GO Wiki
Revision as of 06:36, 8 October 2007 by Pascale (talk | contribs) (New page: '''Tuesday October 10, 2007, 10 AM CDT (8 AM PDT, 4 PM BST)''' ==Present== ==Curation Targets== * Comments on last list with the four groups : disease, conserved&unannotated; 'bleeding ...)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Tuesday October 10, 2007, 10 AM CDT (8 AM PDT, 4 PM BST)

Present

Curation Targets

  • Comments on last list with the four groups : disease, conserved&unannotated; 'bleeding edge'; biochemical/signaling pathways
  • Comments on rotation for selecting targets


Action items

[ACTION ITEM] (Jim): Provide the set of conserved genes found by InParanoid that are conserved in all 12 species (660 or so); we might want to prioritize this list by ascending order of number of annotations to target unannotated genes (who can do that?) [DONE]

[ACTION ITEM] (Val): Provide the list of 207 genes conserved between pombe and human with no annotation/information

[ACTION ITEM] (Ruth): send the HGNC list of genes with few annotations


Reference Genome Meeting minutes available

Please read and edit if necessary Reference_Genome_minutes

We'll go over action items from the meeting.

  • Orthology determination

[ACTION ITEM]: Suzi and Karen E will generate a page where all sequences will be available

[ACTION ITEM]: contact/meet with people who have made tools for orthology determination to see if they can help us (that possibly includes re-running the analyses using the most recent set of sequences and proper IDs) THIS ACTION ITEM NEEDS TO BE ASSIGNED TO SOMEONE:

   * Compara: Emily?
   * Homologene: Judy?
   * TreeFam
   * in paranoid
   * others? 

[ACTION ITEM]: Kara: run the P-POD over the full ref genomes set? analysis on the ref genome data set. Need computational pipeline with existing resources. Currently takes 3 weeks to do 8 species all v all. Goal was set for February 2008 to include all ref genome sets.

[ACTION ITEM]: (developers/software group): consider the potential impact of annotating to different forms of the gene.

[ACTION ITEM]? (Chris, Mike): Provide Ref genome reports on a regular basis?

[ACTION ITEM] (Pascale, ): Provide guidelines for filling the google spreadsheet (IDs, where to put notes, etc)

[ACTION ITEM]: generate reports for potential misannotations (ND annotations for completed genes, etc)

[ACTION ITEM]: generate list of terms that often have incorrect annotations to check for consistent use of the term

[ACTION ITEM] (Tanya Berardini, Emily Dimmer, Pascale Gaudet, David Hill, Chris Mungall, Kimberly Van Auken): Write up recommendations for usage of ISS, IEA, IC: Report by next meeting???

[ACTION ITEM] Amelia (web page), Susan, Rex, Petra (content), work on web presence:

Next meeting

Tuesday October 13, 1 PM CDT (11 AM PDT, 7 PM BST)